Howdy from New Braunfels, Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblaschke

Reaction score
I've been posting on a few threads, but figured it was time for formal introductions. I'm Jayme, and I work at Texas State University in San Marcos, which is just outside of Austin. I live in New Braunfels, which is just outside of San Antonio. I've been homebrewing beer since 1996, mead since 2003 and wine since last month!

With beer, I normally use the canned extracts for simplicity. I've made wort starting with grains kits before, but that proved more work than fun. I mostly make dark ales with occasional fruit beers and braggots. I started making mead because I've always liked honey, and also because I have an affinity for the unusual. I only make a couple of batches a year, so my technique is still a work in progress. I make mostly melomels and metheglins rather than straight meads. I bottled my first cyser a while back, and while I'm a little disappointed with it, it is improving with age.

I got into homebrewing because of my wife. Way back when we were engaged, during a trip to Dillard's to work up our wedding registry, I saw a Mr. Beer kit on display and added it to our registry, reasoning that since everything else on the registry was something she'd picked out, I deserved at least ONE item. The next day when I got home from work it was sitting on the dining room table, waiting for me. She bought it herself just to keep the registry from having Mr. Beer on it! I've been brewing ever since.

Back