Howdy from Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bpoch73

Reaction score
Just thought I would introduce myself since I've been reading this board for a bit and just had some of my 1st brew.

I'm 33, going on 34 and just got into brewing.

I've always thought about making my own brew but never took it any further. In June I started a new job and work with 3 other people that brew. So that sparked my interest and I decided to ask for a brew kit Xmas. I got the intermediate brew kit from Midwest and started with a Belgian Ale.

Well, the Ale has been in the bottles for about 2 weeks and I cracked a few open tonight and I'm loving it. Although, my preference in beer at this time is a lager, I am not ready to take that on due to the fact I don't have the temp control to do a lager.

As for now I'm going to stick with the kits until I really understand what I'm doing. I'm going to brew up a Honey Amber Ale tomorrow.

This site has a wealth of information on and I was 100% confident about my 1st batch after reading this site for a few weeks.

Welcome to the forum. I just started brewing last summer, and I've found this site to be a tremendous help. Your first batch will get better with every one of em that you drink. By the time you drink the last one, it will be the best one by far, and you would have wished that you waited a little longer to drink em all up. I've said this about myself on every brew that I've made so far. I hope you get as much from this site as I have, I only wish I can someday contribute half of what I've taken from it.

Back