Howdy from Central FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zommbee

Reaction score
Brand new to brewing, found this place through some google-fu and seems to be a great source of knowledge 🙂

Welcome welcome! From one central FL brewer to another, get some ferm temp control before spring comes a ragin! Swamp coolers are the pits…

Thanks for the tip! Anything specific you'd call out or just a good internal AC/humidity control in the home is sufficient?

Thanks for the tip! Anything specific you'd call out or just a good internal AC/humidity control in the home is sufficient?

🤣 i'll start by saying, Welcome! :mug:

then say a mini fridge would probably be best by most other peoples standards...because they like fermenting ale at stuff like 65f...and that's outdoor temp here right now, and i have to bundle up to go outside....i keep the house 72f....AND i still have to suit up...

i think this would fit my 16 gallon milk pail fermenter even for 10 gallon batches.....

https://www.amazon.com/Galanz-Compa...t=&hvlocphy=9030249&hvtargid=pla-613998937178
when you figure that's WITH shipping pretty good deal....probably could find similar locally for $100....

Best is cheapest find that will fit your carboy - I sourced a chest freezer for $30 on Craigslist in like new condition, and paired up with a temp controller - inkbirds weren’t around back then, but that’s what I would get now with a WiFi for convenience.
Before then I was swamp coolering which helped drop the carboy by about 5 degrees, but with house at 78, was still only lower 70s not counting the temperature spike that happens in early fermentation.

Back