How to remove orifice from propane hose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Culln5

Reaction score
Hey guys,
My dual hose regulator came with 1/4" fittings and I need to replace them with larger ones...... How do I get this orifice off?...... Holding the hose with pliers and turning the nut is not working.

George

View attachment 1417098342112.jpg

Looks like there's a cir-clip on the nose of that fitting. You'll have to pry that out of its land to slide the two pieces apart...

Cheers!

Looks like there's a cir-clip on the nose of that fitting. You'll have to pry that out of its land to slide the two pieces apart...

Cheers!

I want to remove the whole thing from the hose leaving the threaded male end of the hose. Removing the clip will just allow the outer threaded fitting to come off leaving the original orifice...... I think.

Is it a disconnect like an AC compressor in a car? That silver part makes me think of that... I am totally guessing here...

The brass piece and silver piece are all one assembly I believe. You will either have to get another hose or have somebody crimp new ends on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back