how to remove floaters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabumbo

Reaction score
so i kegged my last batch and had it carbing for about a week. after lugging it up the steps, i went to pour out my first taste and got about 2 ounces of cloudy beer before it stopped pumping. the bits of hops had clogged up the end of the intake tube. after cleaning it out and letting it settle over night, i was able to pour off a couple hose lengths worth of junk before it clarified for me.

is there something i am doing obviously wrong to have so much junk in the beer? do i just need to be more careful when racking?

i typically don't mind a bit of stuff in the beer, but its a little much when it clogs up my system and makes the beer chewy!

Yes, definitely minimize trub pickup when you are racking. Consider using hop bags in the boil if you are having trouble with hop particles transferring all the way into the keg.

Back