how to keg in pin lock? Release air?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavo

Reaction score
ok, Well i just ordered a pin lock keg, without realizing it does not have a presure release valve. I was wondering how is it possible to carbonate the keg and get rid of excess air with out the release valve.

pop the gas connector off and push the poppet with your fingernail to relieve pressure...

I have a little plastic cap that you push on to the post that pushes the poppet down. KegConnection sent it to me included when I bought a pin lock. Easy to accomplish with a screwdriver or your finger like the guys above said, but still it's a pretty handy little thing-a-ma-bob.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=484

ok sorry should have been more specific. I ordered a pin lock keg, but converted to balllock keg. However, I did not order the one with the converted presure release vavle?

Just make sure it's the gas one, and the keg is not overfilled. Otherwise, beer keg squirt gun! (BTDT)

Rich

Back