How to increase volume of recipe 5 to 6 Gallons?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MurderMittenBrewing

Reaction score
My next brew is going to be the Amarillo IPA (link below) and I want to increase the volume to compensate for what's going to be left in the bottom of my brew kettle. I'm going to use a fill boil and I want to increase the recipe from 5 to 6 gallons.

Is it as easy as multiplying everything by 1.20 to get to the quantities needed for a 6 gallon batch? Thanks!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/all-amarillo-ipa-28517/

It's that easy for some things, but others not so much. I would recommend downloading a trial version of Beersmith and that will help you convert batch sizes super easily.

There is, but I don't know it off the top of my head. Head over to the brewing software section, it'll be in there somewhere.

I've actually tried to install Windows on my Mac without success... I'm trying Beer Alchemy right now, but it's definitely over my head!

So Beer Alchemy seems to think that I should just use 20% more of everything... does that sound right?

that would have been my guess, especially with an extract brew

There's always the nifty BrewPal software for the iphone. Since I don't do a lot of ground-up recipe formulation, it works great for me, and for $.99. Not sure if you're an iphone user though.

Latest posts

Back