How to get vinyl label of my logo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
Hi all. A great man on this board made me the below logo in SVG format.

I would love to get about an 18 in^2 vinyl graphic of this logo to stick on the front of my kegerator. Any idea where I could get this done and what it might cost?

Thanks all.

Gregg

llama_big.jpg

Any vehicle graphics place should be able to print it for you and if you walk in and make them realize you're not a commercial venture, they'll probably cut you a deal. I love this logo but I have just a bit of constructive criticism (I know you weren't asking). If you reduced the llama graphic in size by just a bit, it wouldn't obscure the lettering as much. It took me a wee bit too long to realize it was an "L" and and a "G". The ears can obscure the lower line of the G and the mug can cut into the corner of the L, but it's a little much right now.

If you're looking to print them yourself, this may be a good option:
White Vinyl Weatherproof / Waterproof Labels - Sizes and Configurations
I know it's not 18" square, but they have dozens of die-cut options (even an option specifically for beer bottles: Beer Bottle Labels - Bottle Labels - Laser Labels - Inkjet Labels - OL3078 - 3.4956" x 2.9944" - 8 Labels Per Sheet) and the technology behind the weatherproofing sounds promising. I have not tried it myself, but if they say you can soak them in water, I gotta believe it would work well for all kinds of homebrew purposes. It ain't exactly cheap ($60 for 100 sheets), but neither would a custom job either.

I know it's not 18" square, but they have dozens of die-cut options (even an option specifically for beer bottles: Beer Bottle Labels - Bottle Labels - Laser Labels - Inkjet Labels - OL3078 - 3.4956" x 2.9944" - 8 Labels Per Sheet) and the technology behind the weatherproofing sounds promising. I have not tried it myself, but if they say you can soak them in water, I gotta believe it would work well for all kinds of homebrew purposes. It ain't exactly cheap ($60 for 100 sheets), but neither would a custom job either.

That's actually a decent idea for beer labels, etc.

Thanks.

I have used these for wine labels
They really are waterproof but a couple of suggestions
1) Use a really good printer - you might have to play with the paper quality settings to get really crisp definition.
2)Use a matt laquer spray on top (as they suggest) to make them completely waterproof.
3)These are a b!tch to get off - the adhesive is oil soluable: that might be an advantage in some applications.

I work for just such a company as the afore mentioned. What you're looking for is a "large format digital printer".

Based on how you framed your statement it sounds like you're looking for adhesive vinyl. I would advise against this unless you can find someone who has a "Temporary Adhesive Vinyl" like what the FatHead graphics are printed on. Otherwise when you peel an adhesive vinyl from you're wall you're very likely to have a damaged wall. It will all depend on the vinyl used and wall condition/type of wall.

I'd suggest the best solution is to have the design printed on adhesive vinyl, applied to foam core or gator board (gb is the better sturdier option), and then use a rotozip to trim along the edge of the design (ie cut it out). Then you can simply velcro the design to the wall and it'll be portable.

Schlante,
Phillip

Ps I'm sending you a private message with a quote for how much we would charge for this so you'll have a good baseline to know if someone is trying to rip you a new one. Plus I don't think this is a proper place for me to hawk my wares publicly, but if someone else is interested or just wants info send me a PM.

I work for just such a company as the afore mentioned. What you're looking for is a "large format digital printer".

Based on how you framed your statement it sounds like you're looking for adhesive vinyl. I would advise against this unless you can find someone who has a "Temporary Adhesive Vinyl" like what the FatHead graphics are printed on. Otherwise when you peel an adhesive vinyl from you're wall you're very likely to have a damaged wall. It will all depend on the vinyl used and wall condition/type of wall.

I'd suggest the best solution is to have the design printed on adhesive vinyl, applied to foam core or gator board (gb is the better sturdier option), and then use a rotozip to trim along the edge of the design (ie cut it out). Then you can simply velcro the design to the wall and it'll be portable.

Schlante,
Phillip

Ps I'm sending you a private message with a quote for how much we would charge for this so you'll have a good baseline to know if someone is trying to rip you a new one. Plus I don't think this is a proper place for me to hawk my wares publicly, but if someone else is interested or just wants info send me a PM.

If is helps, this will be going on the side of a chest freezer converted to a kegerator. Hence it is the same material as a smooth surface fridge.

Phillip - send me that PM when you can. I'd like to know what to expect with price.

Also for Gregg or anyone interested in blowing up graphics. It's best if graphics are either built at full size for output, meaning if you know you're going to print something large, build it large. Large designs can always be shrunk with no ill effects, not so the other way around. The best solution on any "logo type" design is to create it in as Vector Art. I've got no idea what SVG is, but vector art is a reference to "Adobe Illustrator" type files.

Sorry if I'm wordy but the brewers on this site have been so UBER helpful to me I try to return the favor whenever I can!

Schlante,
Phillip

If is helps, this will be going on the side of a chest freezer converted to a kegerator. Hence it is the same material as a smooth surface fridge.

Phillip - send me that PM when you can. I'd like to know what to expect with price.

I totally misread what you were saying, thought you said you it was going "above" the kegerator not on it! :eek:

That being the case.... you can always just use vehicle graphics.... exactly what Bobby M was saying. It'll be cheaper by half at least. Sending you a PM now!

Schlante,
Phillip

Also for Gregg or anyone interested in blowing up graphics. It's best if graphics are either built at full size for output, meaning if you know you're going to print something large, build it large. Large designs can always be shrunk with no ill effects, not so the other way around. The best solution on any "logo type" design is to create it in as Vector Art. I've got no idea what SVG is, but vector art is a reference to "Adobe Illustrator" type files.

Sorry if I'm wordy but the brewers on this site have been so UBER helpful to me I try to return the favor whenever I can!

Schlante,
Phillip

Thanks. SVG = scalable vector graphic, so it should be fully scalable at least to the size I am thinking.

If vehicle graphics is the best way to go, then great.

Latest posts

Back