How to attach driptrays

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsman20

Reaction score
I want to add these driptrays to my keezer but since i centered the taps if i connect at thenottom of the collar there is no room for the drip tray. Dont really want to glue it. Suggestions????

image-2539230982.jpg

image-622943059.jpg

I used a couple of pine bookshelf supports from HD. Painted them white and used white 100% silicone caulk to attach to keezer, held in place by several pieces of tape until cured. Then used 2" long strips of 3/4" wide stick-on Velcro to attach tray to supports. I used a staple gun on the ends of the cloth strips for the supports to help ensure they wouldn't pull up (I chose to use the loop side on the drip tray because I thought it would tolerate being washed better). Then attach the loop side to that and peel the backing. Make sure the bottom of the tray is clean (I used rubbing alcohol), carefully center it over supports and press down. Mine looks great and has worked perfectly for months and will support pitchers, glasses, etc. with no problems.

Cheers!

Looks great! What size is your collar? What wood did you use? I've read that super magnets work well for drip trays. They're available at the hardware store and have the upside of removability for cleaning.

Back