How quick from fermenter to carbonated bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGerman

Reaction score
Hello all and thanks for the great support and advice in the past, truly a great forum and community!

I unfortunately have another crazy question:

I have a competition next Saturday (21st) (dropping off beer day of) and brewed my competition beer (Red Ale) last Sunday (8th).I know this is mega short for brewing, conditioning etc. but I am determined to get this brew in a bottle for the comp.

I figured 1 week to ferment, 4 days to dry hop, then transfer to keg to crash cool Thurs night then Friday carb.

I usually will crash cool overnight then force carb for about 3 days. Due to my schedule, I now am considering the "rigorous force-carb" by cranking the CO2 and shaking wildly Friday night, then bottling Sat AM.

I know this sounds all too crazy I just wanted to run this by the experts for advice.

Should I just forget the dry hopping and keg after fermentation after a week?
Or any of you think that this wild attempt will actually work?
Thanks for the advice!
Cheers, and greetings from Bavaria!

Force carbing may get the carbonation in the beer, but it will still be very green. I am new to kegging but the quickest that any tasted right to me was a little over a week in the keg. It was much better toward the end of the keg - a little over a month. I consumed this one quickly since my pipeline was low.

I wouldn't have much hope but, Good Luck!

I'm not an expert.

Do you know when they are actually judging the beer? If there's more than a few days in between, you can rely on that time for additional bottle conditioning and carbonation. Now that's only if they don't stick em in a cold cell right away.

Is this an Irish Red Ale? If so the style has very low hop aroma so dry hopping it will ding you in points-perhaps you should read the style guidelines and evaluate the beer?

Www.bjcp.org

Comps are all about the style and if the finished product doesn't meet the the guidelines it gets dinged in points and the comments you receive will state that.

IMO the comments you receive will tell you what you already know-you rushed your beer to comp:)

Back