How often is everyone changing their keg lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my kegerator for about 3 years now. I've never changed the lines and it's never been a problem for me. I use the cleaning solution & pump whenever I switch kegs. Also have a line cleaning brush that works like a charm.

I do it every year, regardless of usage.

I run StanSan through the lines once a keg is dead, and leave the starsan in the lines until the next Keg is tapped......but

I have noticed that certain darker beers will leave the lines with a 'stain'
so just to be on the safe side, safe as in off flavors, I am not real worried about infection . Don't want any flavor from my Chocolate Vanilla Porter
making it into my Oberon.

I pull out the lines and trash them every January
I have also gotten into the practice of taking apart all the disconnects as well, and giving them a good soak, and a tooth brush scrubbing in Jan.

I do this in the winter, as I tend to run out of beer that time of year, from lack of brewing in Dec.

S

I have a 4 tap keezer but haven't changed the lines yet (2 years). Every time I change kegs, I flush them out with fresh beer. I'll probably clean them out this spring but haven't had any issues yet.

Occasionally, when soaking a keg, I'll pressurize it and flush and soak the lines with PBW. Afterwards. I'll StarSan them.

Works great.

I remove my taps/lines and do a PBW soak and Saniclean soak every couple months. I have only replaced when I've wanted to lengthen the serving line. Any line that is removed is immediately cleaned, so there isn't opportunity for the lines to get gummed up.

Mine get run through with PBW and then star san every time I change kegs. Every 4-5 kegs through I take apart all the fittings on beer and gas posts and fittings, do a pbw scrub and soak, rinse and reassemble.

I have had my kegs for about 2 years. I flushed the lines out a month ago and could see some gunk that did not clear out. I changed all 3 lines then did an oxyclean soak and brush out on the original 3. They will go back on next change.

I bought the bevflex PET lined stuff.. it was more expensive and a complete ***** to work with, but I have never changed my lines.. and to be honest i dont clean them either.. i just do a flush with the beer in the next keg and i dont get any flavors or smells in the PET line.

Latest posts

Back