How often do you guys brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhys333

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I brew either 3, 4 or 6 gallon batches, maybe once every 4 to 8 weeks and that keeps a plentiful supply going. I hear some guys brew every week or two, 5 and sometimes 10 gallons worth at a time. How's a person get through that much beer in just a few days?

I generally have been doing 10 gallon batches, once a month. I find that it's way more than I can drink by myself, but I've happily become the guy who always shows up with a couple growlers and that seems to keep the inventory in check.

I brewed 5 or 6 gallons every week for the past 2 months but that was just to get my keezer stocked up. I'll probably cut it down to a brew every 2 weeks pretty soon. I work 7 days on 7 days off, usually have a poker game once every set off. It's amazing how much beer you can go through when you have every second week off!!

Pretty much 5 gal every other week. Friends and family help me drink it.

I go on brewing sprees. I brewed 20 gallons last month (4 seperate batches) and now have a DIPA and a hefe on tap, an RIS aging, and I gave a batch of Irish Red to my father in law. I probably won't brew for another couple months, so perhaps once a month on average.

Brew til you drop! :rockin:

I typically have a brew day every 3 weeks, but it has been 5 since I last brewed. My inventory is still fine with one full keg of an English bitter, about 1 gallon of an amber ale, and another keg with somewhere near a gallon left of a Scottish strong.

Between being out of town and a few dental procedures, I simply haven't been able to drink much of it. Nor have I satisfied the appetites of my colleagues' normal dose of homebrew. Perhaps I'll brew tomorrow.

Usually once every one or two weeks to get the pipeline going for the summer. I dont brew in the summer because the basement gets to warm for fermentation. Once the 4th of July hits, my fridge is packed!

I think it averages out about 5 gallons every month or two. It really depends on the beer I am making and the season though. I am more likely to empty a keg of a pale ale than an IIPA based on ABV alone, and during the fall and winter holidays I usually brew more.

I've been brewing every weekend for the last few months. I brew 2.5 gallon batches so it allows me to have enough to drink while still allowing plenty to be put aside and store up a stock of beer if life gets a little hectic and I have to put brewing aside for a little while.

Every 4-5 weeks, five gallons at a time. I'd probably brew more often to get a pipeline going if my wife didn't give me the stank eye when I tell her I want to brew. :D

10'gallon batch every week or two. SWMBO and I have a couple pints almost everyday and I give away as much as I can. I have 4 sons of drinking age and I let them have some buddies over when they are in town for the holidays. Amazing how much 5-6 20 something's can drink. I usually bring bottles or growlers anywhere I go to share. You want some?

I try to brew 5 gallons once a month. Plenty of friends to help drink it.

depends
before marriage and a kid - about once every 2 weeks
after marriage - about once every 2 weeks
after kid - about once every 4-6 weeks
2nd kid on the way, after that i'm guessing once every 2 months until they relax.
i'm looking at 10 gallon batches or BIAB so i can brew quicker.,

I tend to brew in bursts, two or thee weekends in a row to get the supply lie up and then take a break until I need to brew some more. I just brewed my 5th 10 gal batch in the last 10 days will do a couple more and I should be good until the fall.

2.5 gallon batches, once or twice a month. Any more and my apt. would be a maze of stacked boxes.

5 gallons per month is typical for me, and I share a fair amount.

I'll do a big batch (RIS) and a Partygyle once in awhile too, and plan on starting a sour Pipeline as well, so I'll probably hit 14-15 batches this year.

I also want to do some experimental 1g batches as well (single hops, all peat smoked, green dragon etc). If so that will bump my sessions to 18-20/year.

I pretty much make only big belgians and Imperial versions of non-Belgians in the 9+% range and I try to average 3.5 gallons every 2 or 3 weeks. For my size, 2 big beers is a good buzz and 3 is a good drunk and 4 is a guaranteed hangover. I drink between 5 and 10 big beers a week so I only buy beer when I run long in between batches.

Probably averages out to 1 brew day per month, but sometimes that brew day is a double-batch (5 gal each). Sometimes the second batch is 3 gal. I give a fair amount away to family and friends and rarely ever have more than 2 beers in a sitting.

I shoot for once a month, but a little more frequently during the warm months.

I brew about three five gallon batches a month. As to how I get through that much beer, I fill a glass with beer put it to my mouth take a sip swallow then repeat.

I hear some guys brew every week or two, 5 and sometimes 10 gallons worth at a time. How's a person get through that much beer in just a few days?

With commitment, effort and a little planning, you might be surprised what you can accomplish. A positive attitude is everything.

NOT ENOUGH!! I try to brew every other week but fricking work gets in the way! unfortunately I like to entertain friends and family(mostly neighbors)and apparently they like beer too!! go figure :confused: so I tend to run really low at times so I will do a brew weekend and do 2 batches and them another the next to catch up! :mug:

I brew 2-3 times per month, usually 5.5, occasionally 10 gallon batches. Sometimes it's split over multiple weekends, but I usually prefer to make a day of it and do them all at once.

Once or twice a week, about 75 times a year, 5.5 gal batches. I brew with a friend, and we both live in separate rentals with many roommates. It gets consumed. If it doesnt, we can always throw a party.

My fermentation chamber (5 cubic foot chest freezer) can hold a single regular size (5-7 gallon) fermenter at a time. It always has something in it.

Beer I usually leave in primary for three weeks before bottling and wine kits follow the prescribed timeline (usually 4 or 5 weeks for the kits I do).

I usually do 2 or 3 batches or beer for every wine kit I do (wine is more for the wife but I still seem to drink a lot of it, in fact I'm drinking some right now).

It's been once a month, but I'm trying to ramp up to a biweekly schedule at least. Bulk grains and hops will help.

I'll brew two weeks strait then rest a week, keeps to kegs on tap at all times, when i started back in july was once a month.

Back