How Much Silicone Tubing for Brutus 10?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanoj

Reaction score
I am at the point where I need to order tubing for my Brutis-like single tier brewery. Using keggles and two March pumps plus a plate chiller.

I am going with 1/2in ID and 3/4in OD semi-clear silicone. Probably ordering from Barginfittings.com as I need a few stainless pieces as well.

How many times did you re-use a hose in your average brew (i.e. HLT to MLT gets reused for BK to fermenter)? I am planning on having 5 hoses (in and out for each of 2 pumps plus an out from the plate chiller).

How much did you buy for your Brutus build?

I have purchased the quick disconnects (McMaster) and will use a bulkhead fitting at the bottom of each keggle and just laying the hose in the top for fills (no top bulkhead fitting). Like this:

DSCF0011.JPG

I guess my real question is how much slack should I have in each line?

Thanks in advance.
-Sean

I used less than 20 feet. I made 4 hoses, two short (~4 feet) and two long (~6 feet). I think I could have shortened all of them by half a foot easily. It is nice to have a couple of hoses worth of spare sitting around. I should have picked up some extra fittings from McMaster Carr for this eventuality...

I would think you can do 20 feet if you plan it well. Take some string and hook it up first to check though. There is nothing worse than ordering and being a foot short.

Latest posts

Back