How much do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the days im home (i work out of town) I typically:
weekdays: one while cooking/before dinner, one with dinner, two after the little man is in bed, ok sometimes three.
weekends: one for breakfast if SWMBO is out shopping so I wont catch any flack, one with lunch, one before/while cooking dinner, one with dinner, after the little man is in bed all bets are off, probably four or five honestly.
so if i was home for a whole week probably 34 or so 12ers a week, good thing im out of town a little less than half the month and do not do any drinking at all when im on the road, way to expensive and just leaves me missing my beer, plus it gives me something additional to look forward coming home to. all in all I wouldnt say its excessive, i would say i brew twelve gallons a month on average and with keeping my dad, brother, and buddies supplied in homebrew its a wash at the end of the month.

I drink probably 2-3 drinks in 4 out of 5 weeknights. I usually try to go one if not two nights with nothing but water. Weekends are different story, Id say I average 5-6.

I have gone from all liquor in college, to basically all beer now that I homebrew. Tonight I started with the first bottle of my Hoegaarden batch, and now I'm drinking a gin and tonic. Can't pass up some Bombay Saphire thats been left at the bar from new years!

During the week I swim most evenings after work. Look forward to that homebrew while swimming, I tell you what. I usually have 12 oz one before and one after dinner. On weekends, if I'm doing stuff around the house I'll draw my first homebrew around 2 pm and have as many as 6-7.

Some of you people can really pack it in!

I'm 51 and weigh about 160 lbs. One night during the week I'll have 1-2, Friday night I'll have 4-5, Saturday night 2-3.
About every other week I'll have a glass of wine with dinner and another one after dinner one night during the week.

Much more than that and I'd be looking at 170 real fast.

Wow, I'm starting to feel like a tea teetotaler :D

Nothing really during the week but probably a dozen or so over the weekend. Haven't had a BMC in quite a while but I will buy craft beer at the store.

I drink less now that I brew my own. I used to go through a 36 pack every 3 days during the week, every 2 on weekends. Then I slowed down to trying to hold out till wednesdays, when I'd have a 6 pack or more. On weekends, I'd usually start at lunchtime on friday, and go through about 12 to 20. Saturday was about the same. Sometimes I'd drink a full TAD (6 liters) bottle on a saturday night. Now I still drink on wednesdays, but I'll have 3 or 4, then fridays and saturdays I'll throw down six to ten each. I'll still go on a binge and drink a full TAD every now and again. One of my less proud moments recently was a half gallon growler of 9 % GD Chocolate Yeti, a 6 pack of 7 percent DFH punkin and another 6 pack of some pumpkin beer.

I drink about 3-4 pints a night 6 nights a week. 1 night (Saturday) I can drink about 5-9 pints.... I have a drinking problem!!!

Two hands and only one mouth!

I drink less now that I brew my own. I used to go through a 36 pack every 3 days during the week, every 2 on weekends. Then I slowed down to trying to hold out till wednesdays, when I'd have a 6 pack or more. On weekends, I'd usually start at lunchtime on friday, and go through about 12 to 20. Saturday was about the same. Sometimes I'd drink a full TAD (6 liters) bottle on a saturday night. Now I still drink on wednesdays, but I'll have 3 or 4, then fridays and saturdays I'll throw down six to ten each. I'll still go on a binge and drink a full TAD every now and again. One of my less proud moments recently was a half gallon growler of 9 % GD Chocolate Yeti, a 6 pack of 7 percent DFH punkin and another 6 pack of some pumpkin beer.

Holy Cow! Sounds like a good night, not a "not so proud moment"!

Wow reading some of you guy saying a batch o HB last you 3-6 months...wow thats crazy, I can go through a batch of HB in 2 weeks just casually drinking. If I'm pounding I can get it done in a week....

But like I said earlier, I'm a 2-3 beers a night 2-3 times a week kinda dude, except on the weekends....heheheheeh then it's all bets are off....I'm always saw with a pint of beer on the weekend....

A lot less than a while back when my spleen and my liver started to let me know that they exist and were not happy.

I was on 4-5 pints a night with the weekends being up to about 7-8 pints and anything up to 12-13 when friends were over and I was "drinking".

I also like brandy, gin, vodka....damn I was borderline alcoholic, but I've had a wake up call and am drinking now only really at the weekends and might have one or two on any given weeknight, but tend towards not drinking on weeknights at all if I can avoid it.

My liver and my spleen appear much happier and do not feel the constant need to remind me of their pained existance, that said over Xmas they did remind me a few times, but I'm on a total weekday dry now for a few weeks at least, and I'll have a few light weekend sessions but nothing compared to previously.

I said this before but got some flack for saying so but I really think the ABV makes a difference when you are talking about how many. You can't compare a guy who has 2 Natural Lights a night to a guy who has 2 12oz glasses of a triple or quad 11% beer.

That is how I see it and I am sticking to it!!

I'm inclined to agree with that. Since it's the alcohol that is the detrimental aspect of beer.

I always figure if you're concerned with having a couple a night, then you're well within your ability to cut back or hold off for a couple days or more.

Me, sometimes I have one a night, sometimes two, sometimes I won't have a drop of anything for a week or more, to give my body a break even when the amount I'd been consuming probably wasn't doing any harm.

Then there are the times my gal goes out with the girls, and I have a night sippin' on vodka playing videogames. I'm a wild man. lol That's another beer cut off point for a few days.

I would say i drink an average of 10-15 a week.
I already have a kegerator so it makes it cheap, ez, and good.
I just built my 2nd kegerator and soon they will both have my 1st 2 batches of homebrew in them

I usually have 0-2 beers a day even on the weekend. I like a beer when I'm cooking, sometimes 2, and then one later.

Due to weight and gout, I've had to cut back to weekend drinking only.

I probably drink four or five pints a night, over the weekend.

:mug:

I drink on average 24 12ers of homebrew a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on whether I am eating out or cooking at home. If I go out to eat and have a few beers with my food, I'm a lot less likely to come home and have some of my beers. But If I am at home for the night, maybe 3-4 homebrews.

If family/friends/holidays are involved, this does not generally apply.

I plead the Fifth, on the grounds that my response may tend to incriminate me, and my girlfriend does read these forums regularly.

Let's just say that having my computer desk within ten feet of my keg fridge was, in retrospect, perhaps an unwise decision.

Before weight watchers:2-3 a night
On weight watchers: 1 a night. :- (

I may have conduct some experiments and see if I can still keep up the weight loss while drinking 2 -3 a night..

20 oz Pine Martin Pale Ale after work with the crew.
1-2 12 oz Budweisers while shooting pool or pinball at the Tavern closer to home.
4-8 16 oz HomeBrews once home.

Every day.

Yes I am an alcoholic but I am ok with that.

I'm right there with you. It's not uncommon for me to kill 12 a night. Every night. ;)

Try to skip it on Monday through Thursday so I don't go to sleep at 8:00. Enjoy 2 or 3 (12s) on Fri, Sat and Sunday.. Still that's 6 - 9 a week. .But not very impressive huh !

For me it's a calorie issue. I want to walk into a room chest first, not belly first. I workout everyday and would love to drink everyday. Most of my drinking is on weekends. Depends on my mood, but I can drink 3-5 a day on the weekends.

For me it's a calorie issue. I want to walk into a room chest first, not belly first. I workout everyday and would love to drink everyday. Most of my drinking is on weekends. Depends on my mood, but I can drink 3-5 a day on the weekends.

Hops will make your man-boobs bigger and you can still walk into a room chest first ;) :D

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one here that "hits it" pretty constant. I'd say a sixer a night is about normal. Sometimes less, sometimes more. I usually spread it out so I'm not really tying-one-on, so work or no work the next day doesn't really matter. I don't get hung over unless I really suck it down.

I always tell SWMBO that I'm only having "two or three" tonight, then I go grab my Liter Mug. :D

If I'm visiting with friends out-of-town all bets are off. I figured out one day (which started with a brew-festival) that I'd consumed the equivalent of 35 beers. Never got really hammered either (although I wouldn't say I was "sober" either). It helps to start at 11:00 am, and go till the wee-hours. :tank:

I used to keep a stocked bar at my house. Bad idea. I went through a phase of mixed drinks and liquor every night, basically passing out on the couch every single night. My wife had a heart-to-heart with me and I realized I was on my way to serious alcoholism. Now I just avoid liquor because I just can't seem to control it like i can with beer.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've been fat my entire life, but have been the same weight for the last ten years. I don't watch my calories because I'm not trying to impress anyone. I was heavier when I married my wife than I am now.

I only let myself drink weeknights if I work out first. Then I'll have 1-2 usually. Weekends I might have 2 or 3 a night. Usually it ends up at 10 or less per week. These are winter numbers -summer includes automatic bee r when mowing lawn or when barbecueing, so probably more like 15a week on average.

I also take a full calendar month off every year. Doing this is a holdover from when I drank a lot more, and was my personal "prove I'm not an alcoholic" test.

I would say I have about 1.5 twelve oz beers average every day. Some days I wont have any, while some days I have 4+

I'm right there with you. It's not uncommon for me to kill 12 a night. Every night. ;)

Must be a KC area thing, cause I'm on par with that as well. That's probably why we have the best Q' too ;), nothing to do here but eat and drink.

Honestly, I rarely drink before 5-6:00pm. Business before pleasure. But when it's time, I fill my glass and keep it full until bed, which is typically around midnight. It's ~8:30 now and I'm somewhere around number 6. I really don't know the last time I counted, I just drink until I'm tired.

Depends on the day and mood. Some day's 0 so I make up for that the next day but on avg about 2-3 per day. I usually don't drink any after dinner.

2-6 depending on how hard a workday i had. generally i'd say i average 2-3 per night. oddly i drink more on worknights than i do on the weekends as then i'm out and about doing things requiring driving and can't have any homebrews. once i'm home from work during the week i become one with couch until its time to back to work

WOW... this thread really gave me some surprises. I don't think I've ever knowingly met anyone who drinks a 6pk (or more) a night. I mean, I probably have at work, but I'm a cop so that's not saying much... Not passing judgement at all, I just don't think I could come close to that.

I'm at 1-3, 4-5 days a week. I run a lot, so it really has had zero effect on my waist size. I was in better shape of course before the homebrewing really exploded, but I'm not complaining now. I would have to work out harder though if I drank more.

Like many others before me have said, it depends on the night. I could and have avg. of 8+ a night. I quit my job in June though and have been far less stressed so drop that to 1 or 2 drinks a night. On BBQ and grilling nights with the friends it's game on and we'll all have 15-20 twelvers each then settle in for aged scotch and cigars after.

I love that NYPD Blue episode where Sipowicz talked about alcoholic cops liked the swing shift and referred to it as the drinking man's shift because you still had time to get your load on at night, but didn't have to be back to work until 2. :D

100% true, and the cause of a LOT of trouble for cops young and old alike...

Back