How much beer do you drink daily?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once the kiddos are in bed, pop goes the bottle! I average 2 beers nightly, maybe 3 - 5 on the weekend.

Generally the equivalent of 2-3 20oz. pints per day. I don't binge drink anymore at all. Haven't had an honest-to-goodness hangover for a long time.

The doc said that my liver enzymes were a bit too high last summer, so I've cut down on volume, as well as the strength of my homebrew. Nothing over 5% ABV. Want to be drinking and brewing until the GL takes me upstairs.

That being said, I'm heading to Portland, OR for the Oregon Brewer's Festival this weekend. Won't be counting or telling the doctor.

:mug:

UPDATE: Well, had a hangover of epic proportions in Portland - it was a 12 pint night including two pints of Hop In The Dark and a snifter of Black Butte XXII. Had a solid day the next day, though, because I think that I was still cut until mid-afternoon. Ugh.

Now that I homebrew I drink a lot less in volume, abv might be a different story...

When I bottled I didn't drink on weekdays. Now that I have a keezer and homebrew on tap, 1-2 10oz glasses per weeknight. 2-8 16oz glasses per weekend, usually with a beer-free day in there somewhere.

I work a compressed schedule, so 12hrs per weekday and 3 or 4 day weekends. Drinking too much during the workweek makes for a hard 12hr day. Going on a 4 day weekend bender can get rough, so a 8 beer night will usually be followed by a beer-free night.

The only thing I hate worse than a hangover is getting sick. I'm a "stocky" (whatever a guy has to tell himself to get to sleep at night, right?) 235lbs, so 8 beers is enough for me on the occasional weekend without being too much.

xenophobe2020 said:
wife constantly nags about two things

1. how much money we spend on beer/beer ingredients (i prolly average (1) 30 pack, (1) 5 gallon batch & (1) $10ish six pack per month.

2. how many beers im drinking when its just the two of us at home

because of those two thing i usually try to take 2-3 nights a week and drink nothing, these are usually tuesday, wednesday & sometimes sunday. The other nights ill usually have 1-2, once i hit 3 is when the "how many beers are you going to drink?" question comes into play. Weekends sometimes ill have 4-6 over the course of a day, if i do that on a saturday ill generally take sunday off from drinking. I find that my urge to not have to deal with nagging far outweighs any cravings for alcohol, so im pretty happy with my consumption levels. at this point in my life id say they are in the healthy range, hopefully making up for all the damage i did in my 20's.

the only time it gets unhealthy is if we have people over, go to bbq's, parties, etc. depending on who they are with sometimes ive been known to consume more in the 10-14 range.

^^^^this^^^^
Pretty much the same boat I'm in.

On a normal week I only drink Friday-Sunday and typically only 1-3 beers in a night. If I have had a particularly stressful week or just really in the mood to drink I might have more. If we go out -- which is rare that we have the time, money and energy -- I tend to drink a lot more. Sometimes we go out for pint night on Tuesdays and have 1-3 beers.

I don't drink as much as I used to, either number of days or number of beers. As much as I enjoy the taste of beer and a little buzz, I don't have the time to devote to drinking and I put on weight too easily to drink more. I'd rather drink a little less and feel healthier than put weight back on.

Right now I'm pretty much dry most of the week. I'm trying to take off some extra weight, plus I'm not really home long enough to enjoy a beer.

On weekends, I'll have up to 6 pints per night though.

Usually don't drink on weekdays, as I don't want to waste my exercise and weight loss efforts. However on the weekends, its fair game for as many as I want!

Sorry, but that doesnt seem to make sense, if you are moderate all week how is that differnet than binging on the weekend or drinking just as many?
I generally cut back on my food intake say if i drink a little more than a few,its how you balance it really, but if its what works than go for it.
Untill recently i really didnt realize how many calories were in a common 7% beer and can say i have gained more weight but i burn calories with strenous excercise.For now its more vitamins,less food if im drinking too much beer.But if i didnt execise regularly i would definatly be overweight, drinking 2-4 pints daily.
Another trick is managing your bread cereal carb with your beer intake. I sub lots of veges for those starches. I just feel like a turd when i start gainin.

Typically 2 a day. I might have 3-4 on Fridays and Saturdays...maybe a few more if I'm with friends.

I'm in the 'eight or nine' a night range. I can't really call it consistent. Some nights, I get that wild hair and drink 15. Some nights three or four. It's usually a mix of homebrew and BMC.

Had to stop the weekday pints, put on too much weight lol, now only drink on weekends but make up for it :mug:

Pints? Many of us bottle in 12 oz bottles. That ain't a pint.

The real question should be how much beer do you drink a week and how much do you weigh. LOL

Me one or two a day and I'm 160 lbs and been there for the past 45 years. I'm now 68.

I also hike twice a week doing at least 10 miles total, sometime closer to 20.

...is this the point where I step in and make a point the ABV matters and people disagree with me? :D

A pint on friday night and 2-3 on saturday night. It's quality gents not quantity,lol

I'm just curios how much everyone else drinks on a daily basis? I usually only knock back a pint a day, couple on Friday and Saturday.

I only drink about once every two or three months(more than one) and i MAY have one or so every couple weeks. I love brewing it, and i love a good beer, but i am just not much of a frequent drinker.

We've got it figured at an average of a 12 pack per week for the wife and I

I probably average 15-20 pints per week over the course of a month. I don't drink a consistent amount though. On a random tuesday I might have 6 or 7 and then not drink at all that weekend, it just depends on what else is going on.

I'm in the 'eight or nine' a night range. I can't really call it consistent. Some nights, I get that wild hair and drink 15. Some nights three or four. It's usually a mix of homebrew and BMC.

Yeah, that's me too. I guess the equalizer would be to measure your consumption in ounces. I have 12/16/24 Oz bottles. If I have 4 "bottles" are they stubbies, pints or bombers? It's a mix. A 12 oz. of BMC, then switch to a 16 of Porter, then maybe a 24 of an American Amber clone. One thing I think I will be changing is those 1% alc. boost additions. Probably not really necessary...

I lived in Germany for 10 years and after all my "conditioning" with the locals, no one could keep up with me stateside :mug:

To answer the OP's question.....my Irish heritage tells me to drink every bottle in the damn fridge, but normally limit myself to either none or 1 a night during the week. Weekends I'll put back 7 or 8.

Not only was I in Germany for 10 years my wife is also German. Beer is the main grocery item over there. We both love beer. So if I have ready homebrew, Im drinking 4 or 6 pints a night, if no brew is ready I'm drinking wine.

:drunk::mug:

i love the doctor's question, how many beverages do you drink a week? 1-5? 6-10? then they look at me...and i say 25-30! LOL

Not enough.

The Lady got be Beer Of The Month, and I get 12 beers a month. I still have 3 or 4 from three months ago. I do drink homebrew and other beer though. Maybe 1-2 a night. Sometimes 5-6. Maybe 15 a week.

B

Weeknights between 0 and 2 bottles a night. Friday OR Saturday nights, I tend to have few more, 5 - 8, depending on what I have to do the next day. :tank:

Last night was 2 of my IPA's - :D

Not only was I in Germany for 10 years my wife is also German. Beer is the main grocery item over there. We both love beer. So if I have ready homebrew, Im drinking 4 or 6 pints a night, if no brew is ready I'm drinking wine.

:drunk::mug:

I was married to a German as well, they certainly don't complain about the beer consumption :mug:

I recently joined the other AA: "Aspiring Alcoholics".

I always try to have a session mild, 2.5%-3.5% on tap that I can enjoy regularly. Generally I will have 2-3 pints a night, every night. Maybe 4-5 on weekends, but that is pretty rare. Love getting a buzz, but I hate-hate-HATE hangovers.

My doctor told me I should cut back and I said I would 'take it under consideration'. I eat healthy most of the time, have excellent blood pressure, cholesterol and my blood sugars are spot on according to the doctors/blood work. I exercise regularly and intensely when I do it, so I easily keep the weight off.

Beer is my vice. Beer is great. I love beer. *swoon*

I don´t drink nearly enough.

But I got about 40 gal. of HB getting ready so a change is near :D

AA is for quitters. Also I'm not an alcoholic I don't got to meetings I'm a drunk

I was court ordered to 24 sessions of AA once. It's a great thing for the people who need it. However, it only convinced me that I certainly WAS NOT an alcoholic. If I'm out of beer my wife's perfume does not seem like an acceptable alternative.

I was court ordered to 24 sessions of AA once. It's a great thing for the people who need it. However, it only convinced me that I certainly WAS NOT an alcoholic. If I'm out of beer my wife's perfume does not seem like an acceptable alternative.
One of my old friends said that when he was at Ft. Leonard Wood (Army basic?) some guys drank mouthwash as a way to get drunk. I don't need a buzz that badly.

Back