How many kegs do you own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been brewing for well over a decade, but didn't start kegging until the middle of 2011. As far as I can tell, wrt brewing, there's always something cool that I haven't done yet or haven't built yet.

So, no, I don't think it ever ends ;)

Cheers!

Good

4x 5-gal pin locks. Sad part is, haven't filled a single one yet. Good part is, I'll have at least 2 filled by week's end :)

So flippin' excited to pour that first beer on Superbowl Sunday!!

Just picked up 4 pin lock cornies at $25 a piece from a brewer who's taking a break from the obsession...and one of the kegs has 5 gallons of IPA in it! :rockin:

I think I have posted on this before, but here is an update. I have 7, but only able to dispense 2 as of now. Got to wait to get $$$ for a $250 order from Austin

I think I have +40. Got a deal from an old vendor on this site and made him an offer on a bulk quantity. It may be upwards of 50. Really, I've lost count. 12 filled, 6 on loan, a couple designated for wine and some just in case....

Are we talking about serving kegs, or kegs in all their uses?

Serving kegs:
2 2.5 gallon corny
10 3 gallon corny (9 on hand, just ordered number 10)
2 5 gallon corny

Fermenting [sanke] kegs:
6 1/6 bbl kegs (for ~4 gallon batches)
3 slim 1/4 bbl kegs (for up to 7 gallons)
1 short 1/4 bbl keg (soon to be fitted with a corny lid)
2 25L kegs (for up to 6 gallons, or aging up to 6.5 gallons)
1 50L keg

Not going to count the keg mash tun and keg being converted into a keggle... Think I have enough yet?? :D

i have 18 cornies. I have 2 of them set up with diffusion stones for nitro.

Currently there are 4 in the kegerator at home pouring blackberry wheat, pale ale, porter, and nut brown.

One of the nitro's are at my friends house pouring a 12%abv russian imperial stout aged for 2 years in a pinot noir barrel, and one year in a keg.

5 others are full waiting to go on line and 8 are awaiting being filled with dipa, pale, imperial pilsner, mexican porter, adambier, and barleywine.

Piratwolf said:
4x 5-gal pin locks. Sad part is, haven't filled a single one yet. Good part is, I'll have at least 2 filled by week's end :)

So flippin' excited to pour that first beer on Superbowl Sunday!!

Just picked up 3 more @ $30 each on CL.

just happily pushed the purchase button on my fourth ball lock. even great empires start small

Used to have 2, but gave one away to a friend when he started brewing. Kind of thinking I need to buy another one now. Kind of dismayed looking at the prices of the things on ebay these days. Got both of mine for $14 each and a little shipping.

I have 5. only use three or four at a time, still trying to get all five filled at once. I couldnt imagine having like 10 filled at a time...50 gallons, holy moly my shmbo would lose it.

7 Kegs (one which has a really wonky top and needs the XXL O-rings), 3 Taps (one that is commercial Sankey D for sixtels). Unfortunately since I built the Keezer, I have only had a chance to make 3-4 batches as I have been spending all my time working on my new(ish) house. If only I didnt have to go to work, and still had the paycheck so I could finish house maintenance and get brewing again.

10 Kegs...

Can Cool and Carb 8, can serve 5 at a time, which is good considering I do half 5 gallon and half 10 gallon batches so anything not tapped is probably keg 2 of a 10 gallon batch. ;)

Right now 6 have beer in them and nothing is in a fermentor. Been waiting for my new pump and Plate Chiller to arrive so I can brew more. Will do a 10 gallon batch and have 8 with beer i them real soon. ;)

24 Kegs and 8 of them are empty. Working on solving that soon though. Also looking at getting 4 Pin locks for use on a stout tap. Going to add that next year to the 6 tap keezer.

6-5 gallon corny kegs, and a 2 tap kegerator. Right now i have 5 filled and 2 batches fermenting. I try to keep them all filled but it depends on the weather if I can brew.

Have 5, only 1 filled right now but have 3 batches fermenting to try and fill the 3 tap keezer. If I can find a deal on more, would get them.

6 total Two 3 gallons, and 4 five gallons that fit in a unmodifid ten qubic foot keezer with picnic taps. Im cheap and lazy!!!

7 kegs. 4 taps in the kegerator and 4 on the jockey box. Ordering 4 more for a wedding in December.

I've got 12 kegs, but could always use more. My keezer has four taps and room for another two kegs to carb.

20 corny kegs and 2 sanke kegs. I can serve 7 at a time - 5-6 on regular draft and 1-2 on stout faucet draft. 8 are currently sitting empty because I have a bunch of carboys tied up with sours. I made three batches on Saturday to get some of the kegs filled. Now I just need more friends to help me drink it all!

14 and still searching Craigslist daily. They will soon be all full for a Halloween party. I keep one keg dedicated for sanitizer. I actually need to bottle what is left of my imperial stout and barley wine kegs to free up two. I have a four tap kegerator that can fit three 1/2bbl sanke kegs or about 10 cornies and a two tap converted dorm room fridge that fits two kegs very snug. Any that do not fit in the kegerators will go be on standby in my fermentation chest freezer set to serving temperature.

I would love to have more so that I can leave imperial stouts and barley wines in the kegs to age for years.

So far 2 kegs, but I am still preparing for kegging.
Actually, I kegged milk stout and it is now conditioning w/o carbonation until I finish fermkeezer.

6 kegs, 3 taps in 5ft keezer. I would love to have 3 more. When i lose one for lagering, it really hurts.

2 ball locks as of now with 2 more on the way. 2 now are filled with an ipa and a simple extract pale ale. next i have a black ipa that will be going in when i get my new ones. the 4th will just be sitting around for various uses, cleaning sanitizing whatever. i don't even have my keezer yet, have all the parts minus the freezer but will have that in a couple weeks when i move and have room for it!!

Back