How many kegs do you own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like I am average. 7- 5gal ball locks. 3 serving in the keezer and 3 empty or on deck, 1 is down for repairs. I brew 3 different batches on brew day. it's a long day, but that enables me to only brew every 3 months.

Agentaaron, I see your adds all the time. you are in Rio right? I think we met when you came to the Worthogs meeting on accident looking for the Ben Franklin group.:mug:

6 fivers with a three tap keezer. Have to always be watching my pipeline so I don't run out. I don't like to have more than two empty kegs at one time.

I've got 13. Don't brew all that often these days, been drinking a wide variety of local beers and wines.

david_42 said:
I've got 13. Don't brew all that often these days, been drinking a wide variety of local beers and wines.

You could send a couple of those my way if they are just taking up space ;)

I have 4 kegs and 3 taps. I always have 3 on tap and lately I've had 4 since I have an oaked bourbon stout that will just kind of sit in there and I'll drink sparingly.

6 pin lock (5 gallon) and 2 ball lock (3 gallon). I just ordered 2 more pin lock (5 gallon) so I can prime a few while the other 8 are on tap in my keezer. I wish I had about 16. This way I will always have a good stash of homebrew on hand.

copyright1997 said:
Right now, I have in them:
1. English Style IPA
2. Nut Brown Ale
3. Captain Hooked on Bitters (ESB) (Red Hook ESB clone)
4. Blue Balls (Blue Moon Clone)
5. Vienna SMaSH
6. Root Beer
across a keezer and upright converted refrigerator
7. Star San
8, 9 waiting for next brews - #8 about to be used to condition/dry hop a Sierra Nevada Celebration clone.

Sometimes when they are getting close to empty I will just bottle the rest as I am afraid I will run out of kegs/space to keep them cold. :)

Care to share your blue balls recipe?

RUNningonbrew said:
Care to share your blue balls recipe?

Yes. Here's a link to the recipe.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/blue-balls-belgian-wit-blue-moon-clone-24978/

I also attached a picture. While this is not my favorite brew, it is easy drinking and others seem to like it.

Edit: Just noticed how dark this picture is. The beer actually is pretty light in color, as it should be. I took this picture with an iPhone in a dark kitchen at night. When I was responding on my computer to attach it, my computer (which was doing a windows update at the time) decided to crash and then wouldn't reboot. So, I posted the picture with my iPhone without really seeing it. My laptop that crashed is STILL out of order as a windows repair failed and it also fails going back a couple of restore points. I ran memory diagnostics on it all last night...they work fine and dandy and the drive appears to be ok (ran chkdsk on it and also pulled it an am accessing it from another system). So, I might have to restore it to a much earlier image. Windows sucks.

image-1216769468.jpg

bionicbrew said:
looks like I am average. 7- 5gal ball locks. 3 serving in the keezer and 3 empty or on deck, 1 is down for repairs. I brew 3 different batches on brew day. it's a long day, but that enables me to only brew every 3 months.

Agentaaron, I see your adds all the time. you are in Rio right? I think we met when you came to the Worthogs meeting on accident looking for the Ben Franklin group.:mug:

Not in Rio no...I live south of Albuquerque. Im afraid that wasn't me, my work schedule does not allow me to attend any meetings at all. But if your from around here, I would like to meet up somewhere sometime and have a brew.

only 6 over her but two of those are disgusting looking and desperately need pressure washing

I have three 1/4 barrel, nine 1/6 barrel, one 10L, one 50L, and one 1/2 barrel (for a total of 15) that all get used for a combo of fermentation/serving (out of a 4 tap kegerator).

5 kegs, 2 taps. The 3 not in rotation currently are pretty beat. I'm not 100% sure they'll hold pressure. I need to get them cleaned up and check em out.

14 kegs (4 ball and 10pin).
Was at the scrap yard just after Coke dropped off a bunch of kegs. Talked the worker into selling them for 2$ each...had a $20 in my pocket. Only negative is that I now have to buy pin lock connectors.

5 kegs... 2 on tap in double-faucet home built kegerator (stout and IPA), 1 full of cider and 1 full of APA. 1 keg waiting for the next brew.

I just started kegging in December. I've got 2 kegs right now for my 2 tap kegerator. 1 is currently filled with APA and the 2nd is going to get filled on Saturday when I rack my oatmeal stout. I need to pick up another keg or 2 so I can have both taps in use and have have another beer ready to swap out when a keg gets kicked.

2 with a Kegerator w/ dual tapper

Keezer in process (got the freezer) 4 additional kegs with total of 4 tappers. Gotta starting brewing in a few weeks to get those new ones filled!!

I have 16 working ball locks and one that was DOA and used for parts. I have a keezer that holds 5 kegs with 4 taps. Also a Kenmore kegger with dual tap tower that holds 2 kegs. The most I've had in use at one time, was 13 right before x-mas. Normally there are around 6 emtpy, either dirty or clean. A lot less stress about having a clean keg to rack to.

I have four ball locks but could use two more. I have an alpha king clone on one tap and a miller lite clone on the other. I am bulk ageing a mead in the third. The fourth is clean and waiting for time or inspiration.

16 here and love them... They are the best things ever! Fermenting, lagering, brite tank, aging, soda water, I even use them to hold my star San and oxyclean I push it through my lines and taps and other kegs. And once I get a batch of wine going here soon I'll be using it for that too. They are almost as usefull as high temp silicone tubing!

I just bought 4 more to bring my total to 8 since they're a decent price (134 for 4 shipped)... yet I've yet to finish my kegerator or my first brew...

I have 8, 5 gal ball locks.

4 are in fridge #1 in the garage that I serve outa with just picnic taps.
YES you have to open the door.. LOL

Fridge # 2 in the garage holds the other 4 as cold stock if all 4 are full, Trying my best to do just that! And I will cold crash and pretty soon, use for lagering some batches.

Inside I have a 2 carboy Temp controlled Circus Man fermenter.

I love this hobby you can DRINK!

Just picked up my first two this weekend and the other gear that goes with it. Racked two primaries in the two corny kegs in a hour. Does this rabbit hole ever end? Cant wait to pour my first beer off the tap.

[...]Does this rabbit hole ever end?[...]

I've been brewing for well over a decade, but didn't start kegging until the middle of 2011. As far as I can tell, wrt brewing, there's always something cool that I haven't done yet or haven't built yet.

So, no, I don't think it ever ends ;)

Cheers!

Back