How many gallons of homebrew in 2015?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure mead is included in this thread... I know cider is not.

oops, my bad, not sure about the exact rules.
-1 then (only 1 Gallon of Mead).
Technically, I counted 8 5-gallon batches as 40 Gallons, but a fair number of them turn out to be ~5.5 Gallon at bottling time. So perhaps my total tally is accurate (if anything, understated) after all.

3 gallons "Waimea Kohatu" DIPA
3 Gallons "Demons in the Grove" DIPA - Exp Grapefruit Hop
6 Gallons "Magick Warrior" IPA - Exp Green Magic Hop
3 Gallons "Barton's Session" IPA

15 + 15280.5 = 15295.5 Gallons

As a homebrewer I don't know if I would be posting the amount I brew. I wouldn't want "The Man" to have access to that info since my understanding of the fed law is 100 gal a year per adult in the household in the U.S. I ain't letting him have anything easy on me.

15450.5 + 5 =15455.5g
What i brewed I don't know. I used -
3.5 kg pilsner malt
0.5kg flaked wheat
0 285kg special W
0.285kg belgian aromatic
1.1kg homemade belgian candi sugar about 3/4 days after fermentation began.

Hops
14g East kent golding 25 mins
66g tradition 25 mins

YEAST - trappist ale

Others
Half anise seed
Zest of a couple of fresh oranges
Old trappist yeast for nutrients
All about last 5 mins of the boil.

Termometer broke during the process so I needed to start a triple decoction to have some idea of the temperature(note to self have 3 termometers in house ALWAYS) and because it was so ****ed up I went with open fermentation.
O.g. 1.063
F.g. 1.002

15460.5, thanks to yesterday's red ale brew. No guarantee that it will be any good, but that's part of the fun of homebrewing. This Friday, I get to test my last batch: a Warrior hop-based IIPA.

Back