How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20853.5 + 5 = 20858.5 Gallons

Tried using the Premiere Cuvee Yeast instead of Montrachet.

20858.5/31.5 = 662 Barrels

Just bottled 5 more gallons, plus 2.5 last month

20866.5 + 7.5 = 20874

and I have a question (even though I suspect the answer). What would be the effect of letting my apfelwein bottle carb in my bedroom closet for a few weeks, then moving out to the garage to forget about it for a long time? The temperature in the garage fluctuates a lot, but the hot season has mostly come to an end.

supermoth said:
Just bottled 5 more gallons, plus 2.5 last month

20866.5 + 7.5 = 20874

and I have a question (even though I suspect the answer). What would be the effect of letting my apfelwein bottle carb in my bedroom closet for a few weeks, then moving out to the garage to forget about it for a long time? The temperature in the garage fluctuates a lot, but the hot season has mostly come to an end.

Depends how hot/cold it gets.

Costco Apple Juice, brought up to 1.080 and aged six months in primary (oops!) Tastes DELICIOUS!

21038 + 20 = 21058

21058 + 5 = 21063

5 gallons in the carboy, been going on 3 weeks! I hate waiting, but I am excited to try it!

Just assembled mine in the primary! First batch, followed Ed's recipe exactly, using Kirkland Fresh Pressed Apple Juice. Can't wait! Will start another in a week or so I think...

21113.5 + 5 = 21118.5

First batch has been established, 100% in line with the recipe. I've already got the stuff for batch #2, which I think I may try to mix up a bit. Any apfelwein variations that people have really liked??

The kind that have been able to age for 6 months, a year or even longer would probably be the best variations. :D

21126.5+5= 21131.5

replaced half a gallon of apple juice with half a gallon of cranberry juice and replaced 1 lb of corn sugar with 1 lb of brown sugar. We'll see how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back