How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If everyone is paying the same $3.00 a 1/2 gallon that I am paying...Ed Wort is owed a BIG thanks by the apple juice growers. He's responsible for the sale of $29,697.00 worth of apple juice.

^ hahahahaha!!!!!!

I paid $5-$6 per gallon on my batch, because it came in these awesome little 1gal glass fermenters! I'll be using them for apfelwein from now on, but I'll be looking for cheaper juice. You and I probably paid twice as much as we should.

4956.5 + 5 = 4961.5

I was fortunate enough to have some of the "real deal" from EdWort himself last weekend... A nice little 8-month aged batch. Awesome stuff!! Had to get off my butt and make some after that.

We bought 5 gallons of juice last night. I'm making a full batch soon. I started with a 2.5 batch and it came out pretty darn good, the wife likes it enough to "allow" me to start a full batch for her.

Exciting!

I need to bottle my 6gal batch and dump 6 new gallons onto the yeast... and bring us 6gal closer!

Made my first batch about 3 weeks ago. Hydrometer reading was delicious, but not quite ready yet.

4987.5+5=4992.5

Sweet! I'm personally responsible for 0.1% of that total. That percentage will be higher when we cross the 10k mark (unless someone brews a mega batch...)

ma2brew said:
Um, shouldn't there be more fanfare for
5000 gallons?

Most Excellent! Less than 998 gallons to till....

evil-doctor.jpg

SIX THOUSAND GALLONS!!!!!

I have my first 5 in primary for 4 weeks! so that is
5017.5 + 5 = 5022.5

Cant wait to try it. :)

((Update))
Just tried it Last Night. Should have taken EdWort's advise and made a second batch. My wife says its perfect, don't change a thing!

Cheers

Preston

my first batch is a bit small... so i'll round off the figure
4.5 + 5022.5 = 5027
3 weeks in so far, can't wait to try it soon. thanks for the recipe - jf

Back