How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my first batch tonight. Found some gallons of AJ made from apples not concentrate and no preservatives.
I feel guilty it was too easy.

Edit: 3353

I went ahead and started my batch tonight as well.

DSCN2648.JPG

My first AG recipe is Ed's Pale, which was done on Sunday. Now my first non-beer is his Apfelwine. My wife thinks I have a "Man-Crush".

So I guess that makes me #3363

jacobyhale said:
My wife thinks I have a "Man-Crush"

those are just fine...SWMBO knows I have one on Tom Brady....but apparently it's ok only because she does as well....not a man crush, just a crush :D

Plus 2 gallons = 3375.

Trying 2 gals to start to see if I and the SHMBO like it, so am fermenting in the bottles the juice came in. Should be ready by Christmas.

Lets see-

The 7 1/2 gallons I bottled the other night makes it 3441 1/2, and the 6 more I just started (Actually following the recipe completely this time) makes it

3447 1/2

3452.5 gallons with my 5 more. switched to wyeast 3068 this time. came out alot tastier I think.

I came to these boards because I heard about apfelwein. Made my first gallon today, but I accidentally put in ale yeast instead of the champaign I had. We will see how it goes.

Yup one of those 1's is mine.

3523.5 + 5 = 3528.5

i used the lavlin ec1118 and a bit less dextrose, but it's all credit to ed that i'm making apfelwein at all!

Bmc401 said:
3528.5 + 5 = 3533.5

well, technically, its still fermenting.. but its made =P

I've had 6.5 gallons bubbling away for a few weeks now

3533.5 + 6.5 = 3540 gallons

3545 + 5 for me = 3550!!!

My first batch, hopefully it turns out well.

Back