How many different pressures?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzybee

Reaction score
I'm building an upright keezer with (hopefully) 7 CO2 taps and one nitro. I discovered I have 6 secondary regulators (I'll need to change out gauges on them) as well as a boatload of manifolds. How many different pressures would y'all have? I was thinking 1 high pressure for sodas / quick-carbing.

fwiw, my keezer has a "standard" pressure CO2 line (11 psi) feeding an 8 way manifold for most styles, a single "high" pressure CO2 line (15 psi) for wheat beers and saisons, and a 70/30 beer gas line for my stout.

I have a separate fridge for cold conditioning with its own CO2 system so a "carbonation" line in the keezer isn't needed...

Cheers!

I think it depends on how picky you are with your carbonisation 😁.

For a pragmatic approach the solution of day_trippr is absolutely fine. I would not do more either.

When I built my keezer, I put in a secondary regulator for every keg. I've found that I almost never touch them. In theory it seemed like a great idea to dial in the right carbonation for every style, but really that only makes sense for significant differences (e.g., English vs. Belgian), and then there's the hassle of rebalancing the lines.

fwiw, my keezer has a "standard" pressure CO2 line (11 psi) feeding an 8 way manifold for most styles, a single "high" pressure CO2 line (15 psi) for wheat beers and saisons, and a 70/30 beer gas line for my stout.

I have a separate fridge for cold conditioning with its own CO2 system so a "carbonation" line in the keezer isn't needed...

Cheers!

Thats kind of what I'm thinking. I was considering adding a low pressure line as well, but I think that would be covered with the beergas.

I believe I'm getting BrewBuilt X1 soon, so I will have the ability to naturally carb, but it won't be temp controlled at the start.

Back