How many corny kegs do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30 5gal 2 10gal had a few 2.5gal, but not worth the effort. And I used to use a party pig!! Thinking about getting one, just to say I use a party pig!

I have 20 cornies I got for free, just needed to rebuild them. I keep four on tap at all times, and like to bulk age in the keg. I try to keep the pipeline full so I don't have to brew when it's really cold or blazing hot out. I keep five cases of returnable bottles around to keep the selection varied above only four.
I find when friends and family come over they are not interested in bottled beer and only want to drink draft beer.

I have 11, 5 gal ball locks, 1/2 have beer in them, Unfortunately the rest do not ! ! ! Working on that. For the 1 st couple years of brewing ,I only kegged. These days, I also bottle about 1/3 of what I brew. I think I have enough kegs???

:mug:

I have 4 and would like to have a walk in cooler room, or 2 at different temperatures. Through the wall and taps on the other side. 10 - 20 faucets would be nice.

I envision a 10 foot long drip tray along a wall with 20 faucets each with a different beer. :drunk:

Currently have six but I'm looking to pick up a few more. I hate having to drink a beer exclusively for a couple weeks just so I can kill the keg because another batch is ready to go.

At one point I had 7, but a few years ago when I hadn't brewed for a bit I sold 6 of them. A couple of weeks ago, with 2 fermenters overdue to empty and a 5 gallon batch of Edwort's Apfelwein I bought 3 more. The new ones are pin locks, and so far I think I like them better than the ball lock.

I have 8. Two of them are used for fermenters with bent dip tubes. The other 6 are for serving. I have a 3 tap kegerator that fits 4-5 kegs depending on if I feel like putting 1 of my 2 low profile cornies on the compressor hump.

None, 4 sanke 1/4, 2 sanke 1/6, and two sanke 1/2 kegs when I need to pull out the big artillery.

70 gallons keg capacity is typically 2-3 times what I really need, but they are like children to me, I can't get rid of them...ya never know...

I do 10 gallon batches and have 4 kegs, so that I typically have have 2 empty. I only get to brew once a month at max so this is enough for me.

Firestone Pin Lock kegs
8 in the kegerator
11 5G on deck
5 3G on deck, 1 3G with sanitizer, 1 3G with hard cider on tap
5 empty, clean & waiting for beer

~50 5G that I am not using

WTF? Are you micro brewing? What's the ppu when you buy 30?

Not micro brewing, just home brewing. Getting rid of all my cornys and going with the sankeys. I have 11 taps at home and going from 5 to 10 gallon batches. Like to have variety and need a pipeline so I don't run out. I wanted 20 but somehow decided on 30. Not sure if I'm keeping all of them now. Gotta do some math. As for price they came down a bit with the larger qty but not drastically. Shipping didn't cost much more to add the 10 to the original 20. Purchased from stout tanks, there was a price break once you get to 20. The guys at stout tanks are great, I've made several purchases from them and the service and quality is great.

Not micro brewing, just home brewing. Getting rid of all my cornys and going with the sankeys. I have 11 taps at home and going from 5 to 10 gallon batches. Like to have variety and need a pipeline so I don't run out. I wanted 20 but somehow decided on 30. Not sure if I'm keeping all of them now. Gotta do some math. As for price they came down a bit with the larger qty but not drastically. Shipping didn't cost much more to add the 10 to the original 20. Purchased from stout tanks, there was a price break once you get to 20. The guys at stout tanks are great, I've made several purchases from them and the service and quality is great.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into those for future kegs if I decide to up my game in that category.

Have 9 currently, picked them up 7 year or so ago for like $12 each. Looked to buy a few more and man have prices increased!

16 down from 30. Figured several in the brew club would want them.

Nine 5g & two 2.5g ball lock kegs. 5 taps, two fermenting chambers and a wife that is getting increasingly annoyed at my never ending quest for moar...

I have bought 22 over the years. The first 8 I bought were $20 each. The last 2 I bought were brand new for $69 each. At one point 2 years ago I had all 18 I owned filled, 4 of which on tap, and (2) 10 gal batches ready to keg. Hence the need to buy more.

I had a 18 month brewing hiatus for moving and to build a new electric brewery in my basement so I am just starting the refilling process.

I have bought 22 over the years. The first 8 I bought were $20 each. The last 2 I bought were brand new for $69 each. At one point 2 years ago I had all 18 I owned filled, 4 of which on tap, and (2) 10 gal batches ready to keg. Hence the need to buy more.

I had a 18 month brewing hiatus for moving and to build a new electric brewery in my basement so I am just starting the refilling process.

Crazy to have 22 with only 4 taps. Did you run out of beer on your 18 month hiatus? I think I am 18 for 8 on tap or at least 8 before my keezer died. When my kegs are full I can take a year off and not run out of beer.

I think I have 9 ball locks. I have a 6-tap keezer, one tap is always seltzer (SWMBO gets more use out of that one), and ideally, I'd have 3 for each beer tap so that when I get halfway through a 10g batch, I can start up another to have ready to replace when the 2nd half goes.

I need a raise, is what I'm saying.

Sixteen 5g ball locks. 6 faucets and a sampling tap.
I do 10 gallon batches of my reliable recipes so it helps to have lots of kegs...

Cheers!

Crazy to have 22 with only 4 taps. Did you run out of beer on your 18 month hiatus? I think I am 18 for 8 on tap or at least 8 before my keezer died. When my kegs are full I can take a year off and not run out of beer.

Yes I did run out after 14 months. I age some of my brews for 6 months or more. Right or wrong I found it more cost effective to buy more kegs rather than adding more refrigeration and taps.

I have 10 ten gallon kegs
13 five gallon kegs
and 1 three gallon..
I use the three gallon for cleaning tap lines. Don't plan to buy anymore but im always looking for ten gallon.. I brew 20 gallon batches so the tens are nice.. I still like the fives for playing with different flavors and additives in a single batch though.. btw I have 6 taps and a huge kegerator for storing on deck beers.

I think I have 5 or 6 and I just found more for sale at a good price so I may pick up a few more.

8- five gallon ball lock
3 - three gallon pin lock converted to ball lock
2 - two and a half gallon ball lock

I keep one keg full of PBW solution and a second with star san for flushing tap lines. I've always wondered how long PBW and star san are effective when kept in sealed kegs.

Latest posts

Back