How many bottles fit in a fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odh2507

Reaction score
Saw the thread with pics of everybody showing how many corny kegs can fit into their brand fridge. Is there a thread like that for beer bottles also?

Im just getting started with brewing and i need to buy a fridge solely for beer, and possibly yeast. Im looking at a 4.7CF fridge with the fridhe being 4.0CF. Does anyone know how many 12oz bottles it would fit?

Thanks guys

That would depend a lot on the internal dimensions as well as the bottle dimensions... Although I have made a keezer I still buy bottles for a side by side fridge I have. I would say I could fit about 72 bottles per shelf... now that is standard sized bottles not the short fat sierra nevada's and the sort...

If you had the shelf dimensions that would be fairly easy to calculate. A bottle is about 2 inches in diameter so you can roughly estimate by thinking of it as a 2x2 square (although you can obviously fit more than that by staggering them.)

Example: If your shelf is 1ft by 2ft that is 12inches by 24inches you can fit 6 deep and 12 wide, or 72.

hope that helps some.

You have an excellent opportunity here. Brew a ton of beer, cram as much as you can into your fridge, take a pic and post!

The real answer to this is "not enough".

When I build a new deck on my house 12X20 planned my neighbor reminded me that "decks are like garages they are never big enough" so I built 12X40.

The fridge will never be big enough either.

IRmeterman said:
You have an excellent opportunity here. Brew a ton of beer, cram as much as you can into your fridge, take a pic and post!

The swmbo is pretty awesome w this beer thing, i gotta admit. So yea whatever size thenfridge is, its gonna be filled up lol

The real answer to this is "not enough".

When I build a new deck on my house 12X20 planned my neighbor reminded me that "decks are like garages they are never big enough" so I built 12X40.

The fridge will never be big enough either.

must be similar to the ammount of kegs one can have... haha

Back