How long will my beer last?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PNP

Reaction score
I'm getting married next June and brewing beer for the wedding. I purchased 3 extract kits (coffee stout, Irish red ale, honeyweizen) about 2 months ago with the thought of trying them before the big day. However, I currently have over 3 full kegs brewed so I'm not sure ill get to them. I put hops in the freezer, dry yeast in the fridge and left grains and extracts boxed. Questions:
1. How long will my ingredients maintain taste and integrity stored as above.
2. If I just brew, bottle and store in a cold dark place (temperature and humidity controlled wine cellar) how long will they last? Basically, should I brew or wait?

Brew, but plan to brew again.

You will need to fill kegs sooner than you think, and ingredients are best fresh. Congrats!

My experience is that unless the beer is kent to show off it's hop flavor and aroma, keeping it for a while isn't that bad. I'm actually getting married next June too so congrats to you and your partner!

I thought about making beer for my wedding too. I only have one keg right now but thinking about getting another and planning to have them both for the wedding. Ill probably brew them in January or February. But as for the ingredient freshness.. I don't think that's too long because it's not like the company that makes those they have only so long to sell them. Unless I'm wrong individual cans of LME don't even have a date on them.

Back