How long to keep on a FermWrap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleC223

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a beginner forum question or not, so please move the thread if need be.

Is it necessary to have a FermWrap hooked up to a fermenter for the entire time a beer is in the primary? Or can you remove the FermWrap once FG is achieved and then let the yeast clean up at ambient temperature?

*Note that I do not use any type of fermentation chamber. The fermenter and FermWrap/Inkbird setup sits in the closet of a room whose temperature right now fluctuates from 59-66 degrees.

I ask because I have a Belgian singel hooked up to a FermWrap and an Inkbird, and everything has been working fine. However, I have another brew that is lagging after nearly 48 hours, and I'm hoping to jumpstart fermentation with the FermWrap. It's been a cold snap here, and I think the yeast may be sleepy given the low room temps.

I don't keep the wrap on for the duration, just until FG is reached. After that I place the fermenter into a closet and wait for a couple more weeks before packaging.

Back