How long to cellar KBS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxer

Reaction score
I have a 2014 KBS. I am not desperate to drink it this instant, but how long have you guys been cellaring your KBS? I have no prob letting it sit a few more years... Thoughts?

If it were me, I'd drink it after 1-2 years. It's a big beer and worth cellaring, but dang, I don't know if I'd go much longer than that. It would be nice to have maybe 3 years' worth of KBS to do a vertical tasting with.

RIS and Barleywine are probably the only beers I'd ever want to cellar. I've even had very good barleywines that were really nice after only a few months of aging. It jus tdepends on how hoppy you like your big beers, and how much you enjoy the aged flavors.

That's kinda what I figured. I had thought about doing a vertical tasting with 3-4 years worth. Trouble is I don't have too many friends that are into this to make it worth opening four bottles of KBS at once! Such the dilemma...

Back