How long in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyBrewer

Reaction score
I wanna brew and keep my pipeline going. I don't have room in the kegarator so I was hoping to brew my pale ale and when it's finished fermenting transfer it to secondary until a keg kicks. I'm just wondering if it'll lose hop flavor if it sits in secondary. I wouldn't dry hop until it's almost ready to keg and go it the kegarator.
So, is this a viable option or am I better off waiting until one of my kegs is almost empty to brew the next batch? I just hate when a keg kicks and I have to wait a month for the next keg to be ready

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Dang, this is my problem or was. I'm no expert but this is what I do. What I do is be on the constant lookout for kegs, I have 9 at this time. I usually primary for at least three weeks and transfer into the keg (secondary). I then cold crash the keg and then Carb. After about 3 to 4 days, I draw about a glass of sludge that has settled in the keg bottom and i am ready to go. I found that the brew always tastes better toward the end of the keg so I wait as long as possible before I tap my kegs. Good Luck.

Back