How long have you been brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorefingers23

Reaction score
How long have u been brewing, and how often do you brew?

Ive been brewing for 2 years, and try to brew at least once a month.

Started about 1.5 years ago. I average a little over a batch a month, but accelerating! Keg/keezer setup is in the works and now I feel it will be easier to up the quantity of brews.

7 months, and I try to get in a batch a month, but I've fallen behind since the New Year.

Started brewing myself (other than just visiting friends when they brewed) about 1.5 years now. My brewing varies, depending on available time and income. The last 3 months, I've been lucky to brew 3 times a month. Though, I expect that this will slow down once I build up my summer stockpile...

12-13 years

I try to get 2 wines, a pressed cider, a barleywine and
a beer for st. patricks, 4th july, halloween and christmas every year.

Occasionally I fit something else in.

I started in 1996; that's 16 years. But I think I have to subtract 4, as SWMBO'd and I were in a tiny apartment for the last 4 years and thus I didn't brew. I'm back up to 1-2 batch(s)/month, plus wine.

Bryan

6 years, last year I made about 35 gallons. I do a lot of 2-3 gallon batches and a few 5 gallon batches, I try to brew about once a month if circumstances allow. This year I've brewed about 15 gallons already but I slow down in the summer.

I brewed my first batch in 1995 and other than a couple years while i was renovating my house I have been brewing continuously since then. Even after 17 years I still find myself experimenting and learning something new regularly.

1 year. I try to make 2 batches a month, but this will increase to 3 now since I just bought another 6.5 gal carboy

4 years. I usually get a chance to brew once every couple months and do two batches at once to maximize time.

Close to three years. Sometimes I brew 2-3 times a month, sometimes I go a month or two without brewing. It depends on my schedule and the weather. I don't have temperature controlled fermentation space so when it's 100F out and my AC is struggling to keep it 78F in the house I try not to brew too much. I might get a Belgian going as long as I have the time to keep a water bath in the mid-60s for a day or two. But I usually have several sour/funky beers or mead going so there's always something in the works. Right now I have seven fermenters working on 13 gallons of beer so lots of small batches and all but one gallon of that is a long term project.

Since 1/08. I haven't brewed since June of last year though. Hope to pull everything out as soon as the basement gets put back together after a flood and remodel in week or two. I don't care to brew when it's cold out.

since new years eve (got a kit for christmas)
so far i have 4 brews in bottles, another 3 in fermenters, and about a million waiting on a fermenter to open up
this weekend i'll start getting the equipment to step up from stovetop boils (3 gallon batches) to outdoor boils on a turkey fryer (5g batches)

Started in '84 doing a brew a month, gave it up in '95 for few years, did alot of moving around trying to find a place to call home. Started back up again almost 2 years ago, a brew every couple of months, got 3 meads/melomels done, a hard cider and then several sodas for the grandkids.

Always helped my dad brew when I was growing up (so lets say 1990 - 2001). I started on my own in 2006.

Not sure why, but I waited until I was 21!

I generally brew 10- 12 times per year

Started summer of '84. Brewed on and off for a few years. Worked at brew pub, met my wife and had kids. Brewing ended until 2005 when I was able to convince my wife that the kids and money were big enough now to start brewing again. She's rued it ever since.

16 years- 2-3 x a week in the dead of winter, once a week in fall and spring, hardly ever in the summer...

Almost 7 years, haven't made a batch in almost a year, and have 6 taps with half full kegs on each.

Too much else has been happening I guess.

I have been brewing since I was the summer of 1999.

I was helping my uncle and dad do an extract brew of an raspberry APA with the flavoring added during bottling.

I started gathering my own All Grain equipment in November of 2011 and now in the middle of April I will have my first solo brew day.

3 - keggles
2 - 6 gallon glass carboys
2 - 5.5 gallon better bottle carboys
1 - sq14 stand -> next project is to get a stand welded as I can weld just no equipment
6- 5gal corny kegs
1 - Ferm Fridge a converted glass door 7ft tall merchandiser freezer, modified with a mini fridge refrigeration desk

About 3-4 years, and about once every 2 months we brew 2 5-gallon batches, which I have used as currency for things like moving, dog sitting and homework help!

About 15 months. Done 12 batches (ranging 2.5-10gal) this year, so I guess that's 3x per month. Still so much to experiment with!

beerkrump said:
Started summer of '84. Brewed on and off for a few years. Worked at brew pub, met my wife and had kids. Brewing ended until 2005 when I was able to convince my wife that the kids and money were big enough now to start brewing again. She's rued it ever since.

I've been brewing for 4 years, just got married, and kids are soon to come. Is there any way to convince the wife to let me keep brewing?! I'll just have to brew enough beer now to last me through these troublesome years.

I've been brewing for 4 years, just got married, and kids are soon to come. Is there any way to convince the wife to let me keep brewing?! I'll just have to brew enough beer now to last me through these troublesome years.

Part of my hiatus from brewing included finishing college, changing profession, four kids, and moving three times, including moving cross country. If your wife, oh, erm,... situation is more stable than mine, you should be better off than me.

Back