How long do hops last?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshbhs04

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was cleaning out some boxes the other day and found some old mr beer stuff. Alot of it I threw out ie. the sanitiser and booster, but I held onto a few packets of pellet hops. Im guessint I got this in early 2011. Do you think they are still good haha.

Non refrigerated? Put them in the ashtray of your truck and use them for air freshener.

I was cleaning out some boxes the other day and found some old mr beer stuff. Alot of it I threw out ie. the sanitiser and booster, but I held onto a few packets of pellet hops. Im guessint I got this in early 2011. Do you think they are still good haha.

You should've kept the sanitizer and thrown out the hops.

were they in sealed oxygen flushed mylar bags? or just in a zip-lock?

if it's the former, they might still have a little oomph left, maybe something like 25-50% of what they once were. but if any air got in there, they're useless.

They where still in the sealed package they came in.. Maybe use them at the beginning of the boil just to see what happens :tank:

Back