How lazy are you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forstmeister

Reaction score
So I set my mash tun aside a week ago Monday to clean later but I forgot all about it. For a week. I had put it on the back deck with the valve open to finish draining and never got back to it. When I emptied it a week later it was pretty gross. I know it will come clean with some elbow grease, but it got me thinking about how lazy I can be sometimes...
So, how lazy (or forgetful) have you been?

So I set my mash tun aside a week ago Monday to clean later but I forgot all about it. For a week. I had put it on the back deck with the valve open to finish draining and never got back to it. When I emptied it a week later it was pretty gross. I know it will come clean with some elbow grease, but it got me thinking about how lazy I can be sometimes...
So, how lazy (or forgetful) have you been?

Dump, rinse, fill, add two scoops of oxy-clean and 1/2-cup of bleach. Let her rip.

MC

For me I wouldn't call it lazy but I am easily distracted and tend to be doing more than one thing at once. So, for example, I'll put water on to boil then clean the kitchen a bit while I am waiting then go to my office to check my email real quick and half an hour later realize I am hungry and that there is water on the stove boiling. That is only one example but you could easily mix and match different actions to hit the same results, lol.

It isn't uncommon for me to go to do one thing and do a bunch of other things but never actually do the thing I originally left to do. Good example of that is running errands. I will leave the house cause I need something from Home Depot. I will hit the post office then the bank then Sam's then finally Home Depot and get home and realize I didn't get the item I originally left the house for in the first place. :p

Dump, rinse, fill, add two scoops of oxy-clean and 1/2-cup of bleach. Let her rip.

MC

That's pretty much what I did yesterday, minus the bleach. I left it overnight and this afternoon I will scrub it. I will take apart the screen and ball valve assembly too and make sure it's clean.

I left a fermentation pail on the back porch after kegging the beer... in the summer... for most of the summer. Rotted yeast is nasty stuff.

I cant find my hydrometer... so I just havent bothered trying to take a reading to bottle my skeeter pee.

Super lazy.

I just heat the water and let the enzymes do the work.
Then boil it and let isomerization do the work
Then chill it and let the yeast do the work.

Back