How is your secondary regulator setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bussy

Reaction score
My current kegerator has the bottle and requlator outside the fridge and then I'm feeding a 3 way secondary regulator with about 20 psi to control each keg pressure individually. I am building a new kegerator for a friend and it was suggested to use a high pressure hose off the bottle to feed the input to the secondary regulator and eliminate the regulator at the bottle all together. Any thoughts? Pros vs cons, opinions? I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks.

Dunno. I find it nice having a primary regulator at the tank set at 30PSI. I have a "Y" coming out with one side going to secondary's in the kegerator and the other has a short line and gas disconnect. Having 30PSI outside of the kegerator is convenient for seating gaskets, purging and carbing kegs that won't fit inside.

it was suggested to use a high pressure hose off the bottle to feed the input to the secondary regulator and eliminate the regulator at the bottle all together. Any thoughts? Pros vs cons, opinions? I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks.

If cost is not a concern it's a fine idea. A 6 foot CO2 high pressure hose runs in the neighborhood of $100.

Back