How fast do you consume 5 gallons of home brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say around 3 weeks alone for me if I had to guess, sometimes 2 weeks.

well... I dont keep track, but if i brew a 5 gallon batch every 2 weeks i keep ahead of myself and the ocasional friend that stops by but, if I get busy and only brew one every 3 or 4 weeks i run out :( like now... time to refill the pipeline!

I found it depends on if I kegged or not. I usually go through 5 ga in 2 weeks if it's good and on-tap, 3 if it's decent and 4 if it's mediocre. Bottles however are much harder to calculate because I put them in my stock pile, right not I have 18 cases in my fermentation room, 5 carboys in various stages of fermentation and 10 ga on tap. Sometimes I rotate a keg around for a week or two dependant on what I want on tap.

Being of the Woodstock generation,I honestly have to say that one thing still holds true. If you remember it clearly,you weren't there. :drunk::cross:

I had the same result as Ciphin. 5 gallons, 5 guys, 5 hours. And I had originally worried I was going to come back with too much over the thanksgiving weekend. Now I know to bring more next time.

However, if it's just me, it varies. I'm a light drinker and actually prefer spirits & liquers, so the shortest was 2 months, and I also have a keg on tap from Feburary (still good, no off flavors, and even better since day one).

I use a simple formula
# Pints a day x 7 days a week x 4 weeks a month/Beer is awesome + Fatness^2 = About a month.

Science.

Back