How fast did you switch to AG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still doing extract after 15 or so batches and don't plan on switching anytime soon. I make damn good beer with extract right now and I don't have the room in my house for all the equipment. One day I will switch but it's not going to be while I'm at this house.

Took me a little over a year now. I have all the equipment, but I still haven't brewed AG yet. Hopefully soon!!!

It just seems like it would take my casual, enjoyable, lightweight little hobby and turn it into more work than I want. My daily grind is already enough work and stress for me. LOL!

That is what I thought, but AG is way easier than you think!

I've been brewing partial mashes for about 2 years now (doing 2 brews a month) I have finally put together all the equiptment to switch to AG. I plan on doing an all grain brew by the end of this month. So I guess it has taken me about a year and a half to make the switch.

I switched after seven batches, one of which was a sort-of partial mash. It was mostly a matter of getting the gear and I would've switched two or three batches earlier had I been able to.

5th batch.

batch 1: mr. beer extract
batch 2: ahs extract kit
batch 3&4: partial mashes

batch 5: AG

batch 6-40ish: AG with one extract in there to clear out some DME

Batch #1 Extract with steeping grains
Batch #2 Partial Mash
Batch #3 All grain

I just did my first all grain this last weekend using a converted cooler. After pouring over all the information and looking at everything from brew in a bag to Brutus 10 setups, I finally decided to quit reading and start doing. It worked out well and I'm glad I finally just did it.

Back