How far apart do you space your taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GearJammer

Reaction score
I just built a 9" collar for the GE 7.0cf keezer. I wanted to put three taps off to the right side, that is, the side with the hump, so that I don't bump the shanks if I'm moving cornys around on the floor of the keezer.

So, how far apart should each tap be - I mean, there has to be a cost/benefit to having them a little closer together so that you could fit in a smaller (cheaper) drip tray to accomodate all three. I've looked at a bunch of other builds, but I don't know the exact spacing that people are using.

Thanks!

I mean, there has to be a cost/benefit to having them a little closer together so that you could fit in a smaller (cheaper) drip tray to accomodate all three.

I used to have them spaced 3" apart and had 4 on a smaller drip tray. I have actual commercial beer tap handles and the spacing was VERY tight. Was very easy for a drunk person to knock 2 at once. With the black handles, might be ok.

I now have them spaced at 4.5", no such problems.

Both measurements are on center.

I ended up spacing mine last night at 3" on center, I never considered the size of the handles. I currently have the black handles, so this might pose a problem if I want to go to a bigger handle. Oh well, for now it works - thanks for the replies.

I did mine the way i did so i could use a 19" tray with the six taps. Plus i almost like the clean look of the small black handles.

Latest posts

Back