How does everyone keep up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just need to find a good reason that makes you stop drinking so much.

View attachment 335116

I agree wholeheartedly, but I am married with 3 kids, 2 dogs (inside), and 2 dogs outside! I started building our house 2 years ago, it's about 85% done, and we live in it...drinking is just about all that I can stomach anymore! I wish that I had a football league close to me though, because when I was in shape I could hold my own between the lines. I'm thinking about getting into summer softball, but drinking is pretty much a must in that league...we'll see. Thanks again!

It probably not what most people do, but I brew for the sake of brewing. Regardless of how much I have stockpiled. I will go up to total strangers and offer them beer for feedback, but also just to get rid of it. For me, the issue isnt having enough beer, its keeping up with my addiction to brewing. If I was limited to brewing every other week, it would drive me nuts. I get anxiety if I feel like my pipeline of a certain style is diminishing

Wow dude, you are my hero! Awesome pics. I actually don't drink that much, just a couple bottles a week. I brew 2G batches for the fun of it, like you to see if I can make beer myself that approximates quality commercial beer. Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I'd like so I will brew for a few months in a row and build up a stockpile (nothing like mOOps, though) and then take a break for a while.

If I feel like I need to "keep up," I try to keep in mind that I can always buy a six pack or some loose bottles to tide me over and get ideas for my next brew.

It probably not what most people do, but I brew for the sake of brewing. Regardless of how much I have stockpiled. I will go up to total strangers and offer them beer for feedback, but also just to get rid of it. For me, the issue isnt having enough beer, its keeping up with my addiction to brewing. If I was limited to brewing every other week, it would drive me nuts. I get anxiety if I feel like my pipeline of a certain style is diminishing

I really only need 2 6packs or so of each one I make. I just want to see how good of a beer I made, then its on to the next one to try and top it. I feel guilty for drinking too much of my own, cause thats just one more person that might not get to try it. Having a bunch of beer friends that come over for 6packs helps get rid of it.

Im probably like 60/40 commercial to my own stuff. Helps keep perspective on how mine stacks up. I will get pissed now though if I pay over $10 for a bomber of something that I dont think is even close to something random in my fridge. I also thrive on variety. One of the starters in the photo is a wild culture from a rosemary bush that @beergolf was nice enough to share. Im pretty excited to see how the batch I pitched it into turns out

You have a problem Moops. Not a drinking problem, but a brewing problem.:tank:

10 gallon batches and 10 kegs. Once pipeline is built up, only have to brew to maintain. I also travel a lot so I am away from my stash and am forced to drink free beer from restaurants.

Latest posts

Back