How does BMC brew beer that has no flavor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that is Miller, Ironically they use "Hop extract" and actual hops never come in contact with their beer. They take out the chemicals that cause skunk, so they can get away with clear bottles in High Life.

Actually I found out that at the start of the diet/light beer revolutiom, miller somehow made a yeast that produces some compounds that guard entirely against photolysis (that's the term right?) Which causes skunk flavor. They have the sole proprietary rights to this yeast strain so they are the only brewery with a clear/green bottle and not have to worry about skunk. Champaign of beers! Take that Heineken

BMC sucks. I guess being really good at sucking is enough though. They keep them flavorless so that anyone can easily drink them and so that they can sell them really cheap.

Every one of us had to develop our palettes over time. No one turned 21 and immediately reached for the biggest hop bomb they could find.

Personally I drank gallons of that crap. I even swore that bud light was good but Miller was horse pi$$. When I started drinking craft beer my friends made fun of me. They thought craft beers were disgusting and bmc was great! Now they all drink craft beers and think bmc is disgusting. Funny how things change.

-ben

I really love and respect BMC. I can't imagine a world without it. If it weren't for BMC, I would not have seen the amount of boobies I have seen, have the stories I have to tell, made the temporary friends I made, woke up between two naked girls in a dorm room, or learned how far one can projectile vomit...The college experience would have been drastically different.

You must know what bad is to appreciate good.

Last night I was at a friend's house, and he had some Michelob Ultra that someone had brought over. I hadn't had a BMC in at least a decade (maybe longer). I decided, what the hell, and had one. I have to say, I was shocked by the beer. It had a nice, light floral hoppy aroma, with some sweet malt backing it up, and it was a really clean, easy drinking beer. I thought it was damn good. I'd like to see the craft brewery that could brew as delicate and light of a beer as this with absolutely no off-flavors. I'm not sure they exist. Also, if the can said 'Ballast Point' on it, I bet it would sell to the craft crowd. Maybe not like Sculpin, but I think craft drinkers looking for lagers would go for it.

Back