How do YOU sanitize your Ss Brewtech Brewbucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazer Wolf Brewing

Reaction score
Ss Brewbucket owners: what is your process when sanitizing your fermenter on brew day? I have my own process that I am not fond of and I'm looking for an easier way. I have the Brewmaster BrewBucket (7g).

I don't have the chiller in mine. I soak my valve assembly and lid seal in star san then spray the area behind those pieces on the lid and valve hole before I assemble it. Then I put about 1/2 gallon or less of starsan in the fermentor and roll it all around. I don't fill any fermentor completely with star san as it is a huge waste of water in my opinion.

For my 2 x 7 Gallon BrewBucket Masters I use StarSan in a spray bottle:
1) Pull the gasket out of the lid (which is usually already out as I like to air them after fermentation to get rid of the hop smell)
2) Pull the dip tube out
3) Spray the bejeebus out of the BrewBucket lid and fermenter
4) Spray the gasket and put it back in the lid
5) Spray a couple of blasts in the dip tube
6) Open the ball valve and drain the StarSan at the bottom
7) Take a cotton swab and clean the dip tube and ball valve
8) Hit both again with another round of StarSan
9) About every 3rd or 4th batch, I disassemble the thermowell and ball valve for a 15 minute soak in PBW and StarSan

I don't have the chiller in mine. I soak my valve assembly and lid seal in star san then spray the area behind those pieces on the lid and valve hole before I assemble it. Then I put about 1/2 gallon or less of starsan in the fermentor and roll it all around. I don't fill any fermentor completely with star san as it is a huge waste of water in my opinion.

This is what I do now except I use about 2 gallons and just empty back into my reusable bucket. I hate rolling this thing around the ground and hoping everything is getting covered. Also I don't have a un-drilled stopper so I always get some leakage out of the lid port. In thinking about maybe getting one of those so I can fill the bucket up halfway, turn it upside down for a minute, then right side up and empty through the ball valve into my bucket.

7 GAL BUCKET:
1) Remove and disassemble ball valve. Clean valve and spout with q-tip and soak all pieces in Star-San
2) Remove gasket from lid. Wash and wipe with Star-San soaked rag, hang dry
3) Clean bucket with soapy water and rinse well (after last batch, it should have been scrubbed out with Bar Keepers Friend)
4) Pour about a cup of Star-San in bottom of bucket and wash/wipe all interior surfaces to include the rolled rim at the top. Empty liquid. Allow to dry
5) When all is dry, assemble all pieces.
6) Re-wipe lid and valve after handling. Place lid on top of bucket. place clamps but do not clamp down

Back