How Do You Mount a Burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmk1012

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a new burner stand but not sure how to mount a burner in it. I'm more of a framer and not so much a finish carpenter. Pics of mounting would be awsome! I haven't purchased a burner yet so if you have any suggestions please say so. I'll be using some old racking with pre drilled holes and slots.

Lowes and Home depot have the drilled and slotted material also if you need more. As far as burners the Banjo burners look pretty good, but the actual size burner will depend on you choices of brew size. A burner that is suitable for a 5 gallon batch may not be enough for a 10 or 15 gallon batch based on your available time to spend waiting for water to heat. Give us some idea of what you plan to do and I am sure one of the very astute ladies and gents will be able to solve your issue. Hope this helps.
Bob

Mounting will depend on which burner you buy. I have the 6" LP burner from agrisupply and one of the legs/posts was threaded. My mount is simply a piece of square tubing below the burner. Some of the other burners I've seen have threaded holes around the perimeter of the burner, so they mount to the heat shield. Here's what mine looks like:

Burner%252CChillerPump.jpg

Thanks, I primarily do 5 gallon batches in my keggle with an occasional 10 gallon. As far as material goes I have access to more. I just wasn't sure if they were bolted in or?

Whisper softly to it about your Bic.

It'll be pretty easy to figure out once you have a burner selected. I have seen all manner of methods from off the shelf to custom using anything from threaded eyelets to plumbers strap to custom fabbed and bent angles.

Okay, first you stand behind it and grab its ears...
Whoops wrong forum!:)

Back