How do you guys....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodDogShelby

Reaction score
...store all your stuff?

I am new at all this but I've already begun collecting an assortment of funnels, spoons, hoses, tubes, etc......

What can I say, I am a gadget guy.

Anyway any good ideas for storing equipment that will keep it all safe, clean and organized?

I grabbed one of these to store all my brewing gear in. It fits pretty well on a shelf in my laundry room and holds all my stuff (not much stuff since I am in an apartment and do stove-top extract brews for the most part)

http://www.lowes.com/pd_327608-315-...s?Ntt=rubbermaid+storage+container&facetInfo=

They come in about eleventy billion different sizes to fit your needs
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

You can always just store it in a 6 gallon bucket if you don't have too much stuff.

I also went with the walmart/target wire shelf. However, I went with two of the smaller three shelf racks. I use one of the shelves to store stuff and also use it to hold equipment while brewing.

Everything I need for brew day goes into a 5 gal bucket that fits in my mash tun. I never take ANYTHING out of that bucket for anything other than brew day so that I know I can just grab that bucket and have everything I need.
I also have a steel shelf and some pegboard to help keep the rest organized.

Giant rubbermaid storage with wheels. If SWMBO ever kicks me out -- I'll have everything I need :D

I fit as much brewing tools into my various coolers and buckets as I can fit then push em all onto or under my fermenting table. It used to all fit in a corner now I'm amassing enough items that you can compare my storage corner to a colony of bacteria and my basement to a petri dish.... soon it will have taken over everything.

Various sized storage totes. I like the few small clear ones I have. I also added some wall cabinets to my brew area that I got for free. It all depends on how much space you have to work with.

I got stuff all over, but most all of my small stuff goes in this Stanley Organizer:

014266R_mid_res.jpg

I keep some long items in a separate toolbox, but they usually just stay in a spare bucket until brewday.

I got grains and some bottles and canned wort, etc. on a shelf in the house, and buckets and kettles in the garage with misc parts.

Kegs and carboys in the fridges in the garage and in my kegerator in the house and in my computer/hobby room...

Kinda sounds like I have a problem.

All the keggles, coolers, MLT, and big stuff gets hung on big honkin screw-in hooks that are threaded into my basement brewery ceiling joists.

Storing stuff on the ceiling works great to get things up off the floor. Does just as well in the garage too.

Back