How do you browse HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you browse HBT on a daily basis

• I check out the 'new posts'

• I check out 'new posts' and 'my replies'

• I check out all of the individual forums

Results are only viewable after voting.

kenche

Reaction score
It occurred to me recently that I may be missing on some HBT content because I usually 'browse' the forum through the 'new post' function or the 'my replies' function. Rarely do I actually go to the individual forums to see what has been posted.

What do you do?

As far as catching anything new, new post does it. For forums I browse daily any way. Forums I visit less often I sometimes look into the subforums rather than cruise pages of new posts.

Just new posts for me. I don't see much point looking at 'my replies' when threads I've replied to are highlighted on the new posts screen. My usualy routine is:

1. New Posts
2. Skim through and read/reply to anything that catches my attention/I've replied to.
3. New Posts (catch anything new while I was reading/replying).
4. Mark Forums Read

Never used the new posts or my replies links, didn't even know they were there until this thread. I just go forum to forum. Might start a new habit now that I know about those buttons.

I chose 'new posts and my replies' even though I do go forum to forum as well.

The problem with new posts is, is that it doesnt work.

The way I do it is when I first log on I check my replies. Someone mentioned that they just check new posts and anything they replied to is in there, but that doesnt work for me. Everytime there is a post that I have replied to with new posts, but not marked as having new posts. Then I go forum to forum, because just like with my replies, there are posts in the forums that I either have not seen, or ones that I have seen, but have new posts, but are not marked with new posts.

Then, after I go through the forums, I pretty much just use new posts.

New posts except for when I'm really busy then I just look for the one's that I got previous comments in. This year it's been more of the one's I've replied to than new since work is stupid busy this entire year.

Has the app. changed? I can't find browse. I can't find all the subforums.

if I'm at the top of the page, I'll use the HBT links, otherwise I have the links on my shortcut bar at top of the browser

usually I'm back and forth between My Replies and Today, once in a while going to Subscribed. I'll use the New if there's a spam attack, VA Forum once in a while to check new msgs there and BrewPi takes me to the beginning of the HOWTO DIY BrewPi thread.

that New Posts link on the right takes me to the homedistilling.com forum

hbt forum shortcuts.JPG

Didn't there use to be a "Browse" on the main menu that lead you to the subforums then to individual threads?

I just pop in to the subforums I'm interested in and look around. I have about 5-6 I check regularly. Thats on my laptop.
On my phone, I just go to "subscribed" and see if anything new has come up in conversations I participate in.

Sorry I accidentally posted twice... The first post didn't show up for a while.

What these guys are saying is there used to be a browse function on the iPad app. At least that is the function I used on my iPad to get to the sudforums. It seems that function has gone AWOL. There is not another good way to get to the sub forums to check on threads that you are not subscribed to.

I had to go through we view to be able to find this thread. And that is a PIA.

HBT has a horrible search engine. Best bet is go to Google and let Google bring you back in.

Yeah there is a bug or something going on here. Had the same problem. Ended up going to a thread I'm subscribed to and then tapping the forum that the thread is in and then tapping the back button to get to the list of subforums. Weird.

No seriously where is browse?

I usually use my phone which is where I first noticed it was gone. Tried seleting and downloaded it again. No Browse.

Last night I used my iPad and was last on the Browse tab. Used it no problem. Proving it wasn't a figment of my imagination. But when I backed out to the main page it was gone! WTF

But today there's a SUBFORUMS tap on the main page which open the old BROWSE. Nice!

I usually use my phone which is where I first noticed it was gone. Tried seleting and downloaded it again. No Browse.

Last night I used my iPad and was last on the Browse tab. Used it no problem. Proving it wasn't a figment of my imagination. But when I backed out to the main page it was gone! WTF

But today there's a SUBFORUMS tap on the main page which open the old BROWSE. Nice!

Yup, this is the solution, found this last night also.

Latest posts

Back