How do I re-pitch on a cake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might as well keep discussion alive. I am a member of an automotive forum and the oldesto members are strict to the point of near banning people if you ask something that can be found with search. So almost every post has someone flipping out about the damn search function! It's inevitable that someone is going to ask questions. Instead of saying there are other threads with no added input we may as well continue to spread the knowledge. (arturo7 offered an avenue of knowledge. That kind of linking is immensely helpful to others.) If we do that then everyone will have better access to the information they need to make better beer. That's why we are here, right?

That's my rant with the whole search function/ other thread BULL****

I think it depends on what was there and what is going on the cake as far as flavor goes. I rack cooled wort onto cakes of similar beers and yeah its probably over pitched, but the beer still tastes great, and ferments quicker I believe.

Arturo7 and milesvdustin - thank you for the comments. I will clean and sanitize the crud off of the bucket before re-pitching.

Wolverinebrewer - [edited - removed rude drunken comment from the night before]

Might as well keep discussion alive. I am a member of an automotive forum and the oldesto members are strict to the point of near banning people if you ask something that can be found with search. So almost every post has someone flipping out about the damn search function! It's inevitable that someone is going to ask questions. Instead of saying there are other threads with no added input we may as well continue to spread the knowledge. (arturo7 offered an avenue of knowledge. That kind of linking is immensely helpful to others.) If we do that then everyone will have better access to the information they need to make better beer. That's why we are here, right?

That's my rant with the whole search function/ other thread BULL****

I think it depends on what was there and what is going on the cake as far as flavor goes. I rack cooled wort onto cakes of similar beers and yeah its probably over pitched, but the beer still tastes great, and ferments quicker I believe.

Wow, I guess you just want to be given the fish instead of being taught how to fish. I don't even know if I should bother with this but I will.
The reason I gave the answer I did was because there is more information in that thread than what the OP has gotten so far in this thread. What's it been, 12 hours since the OP posted and he's only received 3 responses. The OP could have read through 5+ pages of responses in 30 minutes and received 10X more info than what you gave. What did you want me to do, re-type it all for you?? The search function didn't even need to be used as it was right on the first page 15 threads down from his. Even so, the search function, in 6 hours will give you more brewing info than your brain can even process. Using it will make you a better brewer.....unless that is not your goal.

Arturo7 and milesvdustin - thank you for the comments. I will clean and sanitize the crud off of the bucket before re-pitching.

Wolverinebrewer - [edited - removed rude drunken comment from the night before]

Since I have already read your comment I will respond to it.
If you would have taken the time to actually go to that thread and read through all of the responses, you would have gained tons of knowledge. More knowledge than what you have received so far. And maybe if you would have read through it before making the decision that you have already made, you would have learned that, while your decision to pitch onto the cake will work, it might not be the best idea. But hey, what do I know?

Wow, I guess you just want to be given the fish instead of being taught how to fish. I don't even know if I should bother with this but I will.
The reason I gave the answer I did was because there is more information in that thread than what the OP has gotten so far in this thread. What's it been, 12 hours since the OP posted and he's only received 3 responses. The OP could have read through 5+ pages of responses in 30 minutes and received 10X more info than what you gave. What did you want me to do, re-type it all for you?? The search function didn't even need to be used as it was right on the first page 15 threads down from his. Even so, the search function, in 6 hours will give you more brewing info than your brain can even process. Using it will make you a better brewer.....unless that is not your goal.

If I wanted to be "given a fish" I would just buy beer not brew my own. Everyones goal is to be a better brewer. That's why we share facts as well as personal experiences. My personal experience isn't available in the search function. He wouldn't have gotten that from searching. Who cares if my info was the same as anyone else's, at least I commented with something I believed would help instead of beating the dead horse about searching. Yes, people do need to search, but there are always going to be the repeated threads about the same old stuff.

Back