How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I typed homebrewing into my Google Chrome bar and it was the first hit I got. I then read through a really interesting discussion regarding a saison, and knew that this was somewhere I should spend more time reading and hopefully contributing to as I develop as a homebrewer.

found it in a google search looking for ideas for my kegerator. Spent three days looking through all the amazing kegerators people have and decided I was hooked.

Was concerned about the fermentation on my first batch and did a google search and several hits came back from this site. Spent about a week or two just looking through different threads before finally signing up.

Greg

after searching for homebrewing stuff online eventually stumbled across this....
yeah... google for me too.

I just came across this site on Google. I think I've been on every homebrew forum in the world over the past week, and this one seemed the most active and friendly!

My brother bought two small home brew kits, and brought one to my house and helped me start it up. He showed me this website and I signed up. Just got done making my first beer, a nice hoppy IPA (my favorite). I'm looking forward to learning a lot about home brewing, supporting local brew shops, and ditching the corporate "man". Cheers!

-funk

Been a home brewer since about 1990 - Just recently moved to Streetman where we built our dream home on the lake. I have a man cave across the street where I have been setting up my brewery, my dispenser is about the only thing left to do and it should be completed by Christmas.... I will end up with 4 taps - 3 home-brews and one soda for the neighborhood kids. I started brewing to save money on beverages, but kept doing it because of the flavors we can brew.

Oh yeah --- found this site while searching for the Beer Gun Bottle Filler !

ButchV12

DCP01156.JPG

Butchv12 said:
Been a home brewer since about 1990 - Just recently moved to Streetman where we built our dream home on the lake. I have a man cave across the street where I have been setting up my brewery, my dispenser is about the only thing left to do and it should be completed by Christmas.... I will end up with 4 taps - 3 home-brews and one soda for the neighborhood kids. I started brewing to save money on beverages, but kept doing it because of the flavors we can brew.

Oh yeah --- found this site while searching for the Beer Gun Bottle Filler !

ButchV12

Speaking as a parent invite the parents for a brew when inviting the kids for a soda ;). Otherwise some parents might be leery :)

HappyHax0r said:
Speaking as a parent invite the parents for a brew when inviting the kids for a soda ;). Otherwise some parents might be leery :)

The up side of this is that you might also infect the neighbors with the brewin bug :D

No chance of that --- only 2 kids live here full time and only one other person here is not a B-M-C drinker and she is a weekender!

Win some // Lose some !

How in the world did the American Breweries train the public that a beer has to be frozen cold and have zero taste to enjoy ????

Butch

I just started homebrewing my own beer. I am new to the forum and heard about he forum through other friends of mine. I love the first attempted recipe in a harpoon clone that I got out of a book. The second attempt is a clone of nugget nectar recipe that I got from this site. In the future I would love a recipe of a proven clone for hopslam. I appreciate all of the shared knowledge that is found on this site. Thanks Holbie

I just started homebrewing my own beer. I am new to the forum and heard about he forum through other friends of mine. I love the first attempted recipe in a harpoon clone that I got out of a book. The second attempt is a clone of nugget nectar recipe that I got from this site. In the future I would love a recipe of a proven clone for hopslam. I appreciate all of the shared knowledge that is found on this site. Thanks Holbie

Brewed my first batch august 30th , found HBT in the iPhone app store while "petting" my carboy (I can't help but stare into it!) been on here about 10 days and has already helped a thousand times!

You will find that the brewers here and anywhere else, actually want to help you brew better beer.....

best of luck to you - and to your "friends"

Butch

Came across this site while looking for information on building an electric single tier brewery. So far you guys have provided me with more than enough information start our build.

what is this "google" i keep hearing about?

love the site
first time i heard swmbo.........now my wife is a fan

It was so long ago, that I am not really sure how I found the site. However, it continues to expand my knowledge of homebrewing. I am particularly fond of the DIY forum. I had no idea that homebrewing could involve so many projects and builds to improve the work involved in homebrewing.

I found the site through Google. The wealth of information here is incredible, and so helpful. I'm definitely not going anywhere

Like many found it on Google. I'm a daddy's girl, so DIY rocks. Thanks to you guys I put together our (very efficient I might say) wort chilling system!

I found this site from a link off another page while looking up more information about better brewing techniques and different hops to use. I'm intrigued by how many like minded people are on here trying to craft better beer. Thanks in advance for all the help.

I spent hours upon hours during my last deployment doing brew research all over the net trying to get some book learning in on how to get my brew on when i got back, and somewhere along the way I stumbled onto this site and use it the most when doing some homework on various brew recipes.

Because of the wellspring of knowledge I have found on this website, I have brewed a beer and 2 batches of mead and all three have turned out amazing.

+10 points to the people of this great website!!

I spent hours upon hours during my last deployment doing brew research all over the net trying to get some book learning in on how to get my brew on when i got back, and somewhere along the way I stumbled onto this site and use it the most when doing some homework on various brew recipes.

Same here.

Dan,

I came upon this group by accident through searches for "brewing", home brew", etc. I am in the early stages of assembling parts for a planned RIM system.

So far I have one un-converted 1/2 keg that will be an MLT or HLT or BK etc. and a couple of bed frames for raw material for a brew platform. I have yet to commit to a definitive plan - one tier or two tier R.I.M with one or two pumps and propane burners and possibly a P.I.D. controller etc. I am assembling the basics building blocks and taking a step at a time.

Same here.

Yeah, the little bit of down time I had needed to be filled with learning something, and though I had a grasp on the basics of homebrewing, (being raised in the South) I had no idea of exactly how to go about making it a reality.

All in all, had I not deployed, I would not have this website and a wellspring of homebrewing knowledge at my disposal.

ThorH said:

Because of the wellspring of knowledge I have found on this website, I have brewed a beer and 2 batches of mead and all three have turned out amazing.

Me too!! Lol

Me too!! Lol
Originally Posted by ThorH

I just wanted to say thank you to the men and women like you serving to protect our freedoms. You rock :rockin: I appreciate what you do and what you sacrifice for America to be free. Best of luck in brewing & hope we can have a beer together sometime. Glad you found this site to occupy some of your time deployed, I know it gets to be like groundhog day. Take care of yourself.

Chad

kagythings said:
I just wanted to say thank you to the men and women like you serving to protect our freedoms. You rock :rockin: I appreciate what you do and what you sacrifice for America to be free. Best of luck in brewing & hope we can have a beer together sometime. Glad you found this site to occupy some of your time deployed, I know it gets to be like groundhog day. Take care of yourself.

Chad

That means a lot to me coming from a fellow craft brewer! :) cheers bro!! And for the moment I am in England, so it'll be slightly delayed us partaking in a brew. Lol..you are completely right about ground hog day out there down range. It gets old real quick.

Back