How cold is too cold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyobow

Reaction score
I always seem to have a problem with chill haze, I have crash cooled before and still get chill haze. Would it help to cool the wort below 65 F. ? Would the colder temps kill the yeast ? I use an IC and get below 70 F. in less than 7 min. ( in the winter, tap water in Wy. is cold ) . All brews are ales. I also use wirlock . Any help would be great. Thanks!

If crash cooling isn't helping, do a search for using gelatin to clear your beers. You can use the stuff from the grocery store, and people who've used it swear by it.

About a week. Just finished a corny of blonde ale , chilled for 2 weeks prior to tapping , took 3 plus weeks to drink ( I do share with friends ) , chill haze to the last glass.

I always had a chill haze problem when I did extract. I don't know why, but it pretty much went away when I started brewing AG. Strange.

Latest posts

Back