How cold is it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here in South Central, AK. .it's been maintaining between the mid 30s to high 40s for the last week.. da phuq?

Its so cold i can put my brew pot outside this morning to cool my wort. Unfortunately no snow to stick it in. -8 Lincoln NE:D

Thirteen below, here in the beautiful Miami Valley of Ohio.

Ahh. A proper winter that makes me a little homesick for South Dakota. Why? I hear you ask? Well I'll tell you: it kills off a lot of those damned mosquitoes, and when Spring gets here, I guarantee you'll appreciate it!

a toasty 28* and falling here in South Mississippi... we are expecting up to 4" of snow in the next 24 hours.

It is so cold I have shrunk to the size of hop pellets... Now -10 Lincoln NE :smack:

Currently basking in -16°F temps here in northern Illinois. I am thankful that my new furnace...installed DURING the last cold snap a couple of weeks ago...is running well and keeping us warm and toasty indoors.

glenn514:mug:

We have a -7F here in the UP. With wind chill it feels like -28. Now I am asking myself we I moved this far North.

I LOL at winter from here in SoCal. Gonna be 80 today. But of course it hits 120 in the summer so you can lol at me then

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Detroit started the day at -9F
and will hit the High today of +2 F ( most schools closed )

I plan to brew in the garage this weekend, its going to be a blamy +25F
Might even put on some shorts !:D

Gotta brew it , if ya wants to drink it.....

I am glad I work in a shop so I got my truck fixed in comfort instead of that - 20' s wind chill this morning

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

Fresh powder is falling as I type this, currently 24*F. 16" of new powder is forecast for the mountain over the next couple of days but only 3" in the valley. The skiing is going to be awesome this weekend, wish I could go.
Regards, GF.

16F here as I pulled out of the drive this morning. I cannot complain compared to those of you up north. Enjoying a hot cup of coffee.

It's back to plus temperatures (+0.5 F.) here in beautiful Keyrock WV, early this morning it got to -1.8 F. the first time below zero this season. I feel sorry for neighbors down in the valley, it'll stay cold much later in the day.

1F Connellsville, PA. It's going to get really warm this afternoon. Forecast says 10F at 3:00PM. Looking forward to that double digit high!

I feel warmer for reading these. 35 now. 22 tonight. 70 by Friday, brew day.

It's pretty cold right now here, 40, but we are hunkering down today and it's supposed to be 73 on Saturday. We're going to Austin Saturday to visit friends (and maybe a visit to the Draughthouse) and it looks like nice weather for their grilling Superbowl party on Sunday! :rockin:

We actually hit double digits today, but school was still closed due to wind chill and drifting.

I made two kinds of soup to bring in to work so I wouldn't have to go out at lunch. Made enough for everyone (in the front office anyway...)

We're up to a balmy +14°F here in northern Illinois. We had to go to Crystal Lake this morning for our monthly chiropractic adjustments, and the snow piled on both sides of the road...a major east-west state highway...was 10-12 feet in some places. Since we won't see temps above freezing for at least the next ten days, the snow ain't going anywhere!

glenn514:mug:

It's up to 11F at the moment. But the wind's howling it down to around -25F even now. i had to put the battery charger on the Probe a lil bit ago. with gloves on & only out there a few minutes,they started to ache & my ears still burn a little. Makes me wish we could've retired in SoCal with our daughter.

Latest posts

Back