How can I tell if I broke a coolant line in fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpheasey

Reaction score
I just finished building my first kegerator. Everything seems to be working nicely, except that the fridge is louder. I'm not sure if the fridge is actually louder, or it's just me being paranoid. It just sounds like liquid is flowing around inside. Fridge is getting cold and even has some ice on the inside around the top, where the lines are.

I carefully cut away the insulation to expose the lines that ran along the top. Then carefully drilled holes in the correct spots. Sealed it up with great stuff, put some wood on top of that, along with the original top. Then drilled some pilot holes to mount the tower.

The only point along the building process that I could have done it, is drilling the pilot holes, but I don't think I went that far in, I tried to stay around 2".

So, am I good, or can a Fridge run with broken lines for a while.

If you broke one of the lines to create a leak the fridge wouldn't even get cold the compressor may turn on but it would have the ability to get cold. If it was me I would just relax and keep my eye on it

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Now I just have to figure out this condensation problem.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Now I just have to figure out this condensation problem.

Condensation happens where cold air meets warm air. Most of the time it's due to insulation not being well sealed/continuous, or a seal/gasket (like around the door) not making full contact all the way around. GL.

Latest posts

Back