How big of a freezer do I need

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BNC04

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to see if anybody is using a converted freezer to house a 1/4 barrel of domestic beer , 2 cornies and a 20lb tank of Co2. I’d like to set up this 3 tap system and am not sure what size freezer I should be looking for on craigslist. I will be using a collar so the height is not as big of a concern.

Thanks
Brett

Ok so a 1/2 barrel is about 16" in diameter and cornies are about 8.5" and a 20lb bottle is about the same. You'll want a cabinet that measures at least 17" front to back and 25" wide not including the hump. That will get you the three kegs. If you get one with a corner hump, the 20lb tank will fit. If not, you'll need a larger freezer, a smaller bottle (5lb), or leave the tank outside. No one can tell you what cubic foot size to look for to get these dimensions, they're all different but you should start at about 10cuft.

Back