How Are You Celebrating National Beer Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHBWNY

Reaction score
From Wikipedia:

"Recognized nationwide among beer enthusiasts, 'National Beer Day' is an unofficial holiday in the United States celebrated every year on April 7, celebrating the ending of prohibition when people could buy, sell and drink beer for the first time in 12 years.

National Beer Day is a celebration of the Cullen&#8211;Harrison Act being signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on March 22, 1933. That law went into effect on April 7 of that year, allowing people to buy, sell and drink beer again as long as it was < 3.2% (4% ABV). People across the country responded by gathering outside breweries, some beginning the night before. On that first day, 1.5 million barrels of beer were consumed, inspiring the future holiday. Today, April 7, is recognized as 'National Beer Day' and April 6 is known as 'New Beer's Eve'."

By reducing the font size on my browser.

Actually, I didn't know it was national beer day. I suppose I'll have a beer.

Gonna have to get a rain check since I'm trying not to drink during the week. Maybe I will have a sample glass tonight just in the spirit of the day.

I wonder if any bars will actually have any specials or even mention National Beer day. Maybe I'll check out a local brewery.

doing an amateur homebrew tasting/competition this afternoon, should be a bunch of different beers to try.

I am brewing up a batch of Cream of Three Crops! And saving some time for beer ingestion this afternoon!

:ban:

Contemplating my last few home brews while I suggest to responsible Ohio group to get an e-signature going for the legalize weed thing here. Hand-signing will take too long one at a time. Work smarter, not harder. Then imagine what the LHBGS will be like?! :rockin::drunk:

Having a homebrew or two. Already had one after changing the master cylinder on my Jeep. I'll wait for after dinner for those.

If I'd have known it was National Beer Day I would have planned a brew session for today. I'll be adding it to my calender for next year! I guess I'll just have to drink a few extra home brews later.

Just found out it was national beer day. Also found out today that the keg is empty and the next one won't be ready until the weekend. I say we re-schedule national beer day this year to Saturday!

Back