how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pay toilets are all over in Europe. Especially at McDonald's and other fastfood restaurants. Even in malls it's common. You pay some money to go through a turnstile into the bathroom.

In the country I live sometimes there's a person collecting the money at certain public toilets.

What little desire I had to visit Europe is gone now.

F15xuwsWAA8sTMr.png

What little desire I had to visit Europe is gone now.
bit weird sentiment, but okay...it depends a lot on country though, in the nordics, pay toilets are rare, only really seen around train stations for some reason.
In the Netherlands it's very uncommon to have pay toilets except in very touristy areas.

That reminds me of a planet from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. One planet was so well known for it's food that people were weighed when they'd arrive at the planet and they couldn't leave until they returned the amount of mass they took from the planet.
:)

"(After a while the style settles down a bit and it begins to tell you things you really need to know, like the fact that the fabulously beautiful planet Bethselamin is now so worried about the cumulative erosion by ten billion visiting tourists a year that any net imbalance between the amount you eat and the amount you excrete whilst on the planet is surgically removed from your bodyweight when you leave: so every time you go to the lavatory it is vitally important to get a receipt.)"

As to the toilets... anyone else remember this:
"Here I sit, Broken hearted,
Paid a dime and only farted."
:ghostly:

This is so totally not true in my case.

1690635710133.png

<looks up billboard top 100 that year>

Ok, I still listen to American Pie, Nights In White Satin, Rocket Man, City of New Orleans, Layla, You Don't Mess Around With Jim, Hot Rod Lincoln, Anticipation, Taxi, Roundabout, Doctor My Eyes, Vincent; but way more that's newer and older.

View attachment 825918

Ok, I still listen to American Pie, Nights In White Satin, Rocket Man, City of New Orleans, Layla, You Don't Mess Around With Jim, Hot Rod Lincoln, Anticipation, Taxi, Roundabout, Doctor My Eyes, Vincent; but way more that's newer and older.
Just looked at the top 100 for my 14th earth orbit, and should advise caution to others that some years' list may cause involuntary vomiting.

not a disco fan. wasn't a disco fan. disco sucks

I find that what I listened to in my 20s is what I gravitate to. Metal was giving way to Grunge during those years.

yea, no....1994 was not a good year for popular music.....I was mostly listening to iron maiden and nirvana at that time, still do a bit, but mostly moved on to symphonic metal.
edit: 1992...i'm getting older than i think again.....still dreadful, but at least november rain and smells like teen spirit weren't terrible.

Last edited:
That reminds me of a planet from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. One planet was so well known for it's food that people were weighed when they'd arrive at the planet and they couldn't leave until they returned the amount of mass they took from the planet.
It’s a good thing for most, that they don’t require that for disembarking a cruise ship.

Back