how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol
1581387873739_facebook_1581387869215.jpeg
1581209625741_facebook_1581209620667.jpeg

Looking forward to you surviving long enough to tell us all about your experience

I totally did the towel thing tonight and I'm here to tell the tale!

So the wife was kinda bragging that she scored a twin pack of peanut butter at a steal price, then casually mentioned it was super chunky style. I gave her a long look and told her I hoped she liked super chunky peanut butter because I wouldn't have any [back story: I have three fixed bridges and chunky nuts get wedged under them; and in our 42 years together, she's never bought chunky style peanut butter. So, wth?]

She does an about face and retires to the living room.

A half hour later we were making dinner and she still hadn't said a word. So finally I asked her "Are you angry?" and when she confirmed the notion I draped the kitchen towel across the back of her shoulders, waited for her to turn around, and laid the "Now your Super Angry!" thing on her.

Could have gone either way, but two seconds later she started to smile, and said "Ok, I'm not so angry now". And there was peace in our time again.
She's definitely still a keeper...

Cheers! (...but I'm not eating that peanut butter! :D)

I totally did the towel thing tonight and I'm here to tell the tale!

So the wife was kinda bragging that she scored a twin pack of peanut butter at a steal price, then casually mentioned it was super chunky style. I gave her a long look and told her I hoped she liked super chunky peanut butter because I wouldn't have any [back story: I have three fixed bridges and chunky nuts get wedged under them; and in our 42 years together, she's never bought chunky style peanut butter. So, wth?]

She does an about face and retires to the living room.

A half hour later we were making dinner and she still hadn't said a word. So finally I asked her "Are you angry?" and when she confirmed the notion I draped the kitchen towel across the back of her shoulders, waited for her to turn around, and laid the "Now your Super Angry!" thing on her.

Could have gone either way, but two seconds later she started to smile, and said "Ok, I'm not so angry now". And there was peace in our time again.
She's definitely still a keeper...

Cheers! (...but I'm not eating that peanut butter! :D)

That all sounds so much like a reasonable strategy, but please realize--we're not seeing posts from those for whom the response was murder, not smiling.

They're gone.

Back